TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just had a quick question for everyone. I currently have a DirectTV Tivo unit with dual tuners, and 2 standard receivers. I was thinking about getting one of the new DVR units for the bedroom. Would I need to run an entirely seperately line from the Satellite to my bedroom or is there some way to split it from the single line I currently have there? Thanks for the help on this.

·
lovin' life
1,007 Posts
you will need another dedicated line from the satellite in order to utilize the dual tuner feature on your possible new receiver

·
Registered
215 Posts
You don't have to run a line all the way from the satellite (22,000 miles or so).
-
But you DO need separate lines from your dish or multiswitch to each receiver or tuner. In your case what you are going to have to do is add a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch. Run all 4 lines from your dish to the inputs of the multiswitch, then run lines from the outputs of the multiswitch to all of your tuners and receivers.
-
Splitters will not work.
-
Carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I buy one of the units does the price include the cost of someone coming out to run another line? Thanks

·
Banned
331 Posts
When I purchased an HR10-250 for Mom back in July, they came out and installed it for free. Even though she already had a Samsung SD DirecTivo on her account...which by the way was also installed free of charge. I am pretty sure if you call and order it through DirecTV, they will install it for free.

EDIT: Apparently....they charge for installation now....good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts