TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tell me a joke
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a new Comcast cable box that was distributed after 7/1? I have some weird Motorola box that I have never seen before that does not have a serial connection on the back. The box in my old apartment had a serial connection. I know that cable companies now have to provide boxes with cable cards in them and I was wondering if they have serial ports on the back and if they do are they functional???

·
Tell me a joke
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is the weird one. I'm using an IR blaster. It has missed a channel change already and I have only been using it a few days. I would prefer to go back to serial port but I'm not sure if the new Comcast box even has one. I called them and of course they had no idea what I was talking about. The guy was convinced I couldn't connect a Tivo to a Comcast box.

·
Contra sceleris
1,715 Posts
That's the DCH100, right?

Just curious. Do they charge you for one cablebox, or do they charge you for a cablebox and then a second charge for a cablecard? What is the total hardware rental charge (however they break it down). How does that compare to a cablecard rental charge?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Justin Thyme said:
Pardon me? They are giving away DCT700's now? Which cable company?
Comcast was giving out non-cablecard SD boxes to add up to 3 add'l outlets per household for free for ONE year. The deals may have been different in different markets. I'm convinced they were just just trying to get as many non-cablecard boxes out there as they could. The deal ended prior to July 1. Need I say more?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.