TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

New channel logos

254K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  mrtickle 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm not really sure if anyone is after this type of thing, but I was following the instructions on this page for how to add extra channel logos, I have created a few myself and they look great IMO.

I thought I would attach two of them here as they may be useful for anyone wanting to add ITV and Channel 5 logos to their tivo. One thing to note however, on TivoWEB they just appear a black boxes, however they do work fine through the tivo.

Just thought I would post them here as it might save someone a bit of time...

Attachments

#3 ·
Just tried to view the logos using Internet Explorer 6.0 and was only able to view c5-s2-p2.png - the other 3 came out as black boxes.

Switched to Mozilla 1.0 and was able to view all 4 without problem - might this suggest that the problem is with IE rather than TiVoWeb? Best fire up Nestscape and find out... :)

Anyone want to do a logo for F1 Digital+? :D

#4 ·
Originally posted by bradleyem
except both five and itv are about the change their logos....

good job though. All I now need is to pluck up the courage to do it!!!
I didn't know about ITV but I did try the new five logo, it looked so bad I just went for the old one.. I'm going to try a few more and maybe put them on my website when done, depends on if anyone is actually doing this apart from me.

#8 ·
I did wonder if 'official' logos would replace amateur ones if and when they were eventually released?

Since the logos have changed a few times on the Sky channels over the last year there is obviously scope for deleting older logos and replacing them with newer ones... but is this replacement process automatic or are special commands needed when the newer logos are added I wonder?

#9 ·
Originally posted by GarySargent
IE6 with SP1 has them all black! Oh well! :)

Anyway - sounds interesting but are there potential issues doing this - ie stuff up your box next time TiVo updates the logos?
I don't think so, if you add them with a high "MFS resource number?" ie 6200000 + which is well above what Tivo are currently using, they would simply replace the channel mapping with their resource number (a much lower number), which means unless you change them back you just have an orphan MFS resource.

Anyway, deleting the images has been done already (saw it in another thread on this forum). So if it all goes pear shaped you could just delete them.

I'll try doing this tomorrow and let you all know how I get on. If it works I might update tivo's script to delete the channel mappings before the daily call, then check to see if the channels have been remapped. If not replace them after the daily call cleanup has occured. If they have, don't do anything so you can go into TivoWeb and manually add them again should you want too.

Tim.

#11 ·
Originally posted by TimmyB

Anyway, deleting the images has been done already (saw it in another thread on this forum). So if it all goes pear shaped you could just delete them.
With the following caveat, *don't* delete the images if they are attached to channels and or the 211 or 222 indices, else you *will* green screen Tivo.

#12 ·
Originally posted by BobBlueUK
I did wonder if 'official' logos would replace amateur ones if and when they were eventually released?
Yup, they should do. The way it works is that the image is given a very high number, over 6200000. This is then linked to the index with a very high channel number (over 4000). Tivo doesn't replace the "names", as such, but rahter a load of index entries.

#13 ·
Originally posted by TimmyB
I'm not really sure if anyone is after this type of thing, but I was following the instructions on this page for how to add extra channel logos, I have created a few myself and they look great IMO.
For those lacking a linux machine or perl to do the slice file, it's now available on the same page. I hope you don't mind, Timmy.

I am quite happy to host the channel files on a single page, and keep a common index for the slices to avoid overlapping numbers.

#15 ·
Kirsh

i had a problem with he slice file and had to re-generate it it appeard to load up ok but then would not associate it with addlogo , I regenerated the slice file and that seemed to work.

#17 ·
Now that Tivoweb 1.9.4 Beta 4 allows for the import of channel logos, are there any resources already available before I start to make my own.
Images must be in PNG format with the same palette and dimensions as other TiVo logos - what is the palette used?
Tried to upload logosat the top of this thread using TivoWeb and got InvalidFileFormat :(

#18 ·
Originally posted by fister
Now that Tivoweb 1.9.4 Beta 4 allows for the import of channel logos, are there any resources already available before I start to make my own.
Images must be in PNG format with the same palette and dimensions as other TiVo logos - what is the palette used?
Start from some of the logos already mentioned above, and take it from there - try here and download the images linked *not* the one shown.

#19 ·
Hey has anyone got a paramout comedy channel logo , thats the main one missing form my system , what with those I got from kitsch and some I gave him I have most of those that i need,

#21 ·
Originally posted by GarySargent
IE6 with SP1 has them all black! Oh well! :)

Anyway - sounds interesting but are there potential issues doing this - ie stuff up your box next time TiVo updates the logos?
I wonder if it's to do with the bizarre graphic bug that IE6 SP1 has where seeming random small size images fail to load.

#22 ·
Why doesn't Tivo supply logos for ITV and Channel 5?

It would be nice if they had logos for all the ITV regions (Meridian, Carlton, etc) but not needed.

Also, does anyone else think the BBC logo be should be two logos "BBC1" and "BBC2"?

#23 ·
Originally posted by maubp

It would be nice if they had logos for all the ITV regions (Meridian, Carlton, etc) but not needed.

Also, does anyone else think the BBC logo be should be two logos "BBC1" and "BBC2"?
From next week, all but four regions will use just the 'ITV1' logo.

#24 ·
Originally posted by maubp

Also, does anyone else think the BBC logo be should be two
logos "BBC1" and "BBC2"?
Yes, I think so too! Which is why I've done some myself - One, Two, Choice, Four... and the old Central "cake" logo :D. The new version of TiVoWeb lets you upload logos but there are teething problems at the moment. When the bugs are fixed and the dust has settled I'll be happy to make them available to anyone

Originally posted by ozsat

From next week, all but four regions will use just the 'ITV1' logo
Not on MY TiVo they won't :D :D

#25 ·
Does anybody else have a really crap sky one logo?

It's on a red background with really dodgy white text. I would like to use TiVoWeb to replace this logo with the one used on Sky News.

Would this cause any problems? Would TiVo just replace it with the crap version?

If I just delete all logos would this mess things up?

Thanks,

Jamie

#26 ·
Originally posted by jamieo
Would this cause any problems? Would TiVo just replace it with the crap version?
You can easily swap it over to the Sky one with Tivoweb. It causes no problems.

If I just delete all logos would this mess things up?
Very much so, oh yes. If you don't know what you're doing you can majorly mess up the database to a Green Screen by deleting logos. Not that I've ever done it, oh no...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.