TiVo Community Forum banner
161 - 180 of 487 Posts

·
2,342 Posts
In April certain Bolt models (I don't remember which) went in and out of stock during the offer. I think that offer had a high uptake rate due to the donor models being older SD TiVos with limited utility compared to any of the HD TiVo models. Even though a Premiere with Lifetime is arguably worth more than an S2 with Lifetime, TiVo really didn't sweeten the offer for Premiere owners*. I personally don't expect this offer to be as popular as the April offer so it might not sell out before expiration (the April offer also went on for several weeks).

*An unsubbed Premiere has some resale value since a buyer can activate a new subscription, but the street price of a 500 GB Bolt is low enough that the Premiere really isn't worth very much IMO.
Sounds like you are talking yourself into more Bolt+ TiVos... lol

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
In April certain Bolt models (I don't remember which) went in and out of stock during the offer. I think that offer had a high uptake rate due to the donor models being older SD TiVos with limited utility compared to any of the HD TiVo models. Even though a Premiere with Lifetime is arguably worth more than an S2 with Lifetime, TiVo really didn't sweeten the offer for Premiere owners*. I personally don't expect this offer to be as popular as the April offer so it might not sell out before expiration (the April offer also went on for several weeks).
I believe, since there are presumably many more lifetimed Premieres operating in the field than there were lifetimed older units for those previous offers, that this offer will generate as least as many sales as the previous ones. The real question pertaining to if they'll run out of stock is how much inventory TiVo has allocated for this sale vs. the other ones.

·
2,342 Posts
I was actually considering buying a Bolt+ and flipping it on eBay, but shwru980r's analysis has me reconsidering (briefly).
shwru980r's analysis is interesting, like in Vegas it appears to be a push for TiVo. Still upgraded technology and speed is compelling. I like my Bolt+ way better that Premiere XL but only slightly better than Roamio Pro if that makes any sense. Bolt 500gb allows for either OTH or cable and easy 3TB hard drive upgradability for ~$129, still about $270 less than Bolt+ but you lose 2 tuners, black box color and cable only. Spouse hated the white!!!

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
This thread is about the upgrade deal. You should look in the Tivo Upgrade Center section for answers to your hard drive upgrade question.
Thank you forum police but with nearly 500X more posts than you, I believe that I do have a working knowledge of the ins and outs of TCF.

Reactions: wedenton

·
2,342 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Thank you forum police but with nearly 500X more posts than you, I believe that I do have a working knowledge of the ins and outs of TCF.
You clearly don't because veering this thread about the promotional lifetime transfer with eight posts about upgrading your hardware is the very definition of hijacking a thread. You'd think you'd have learned by now with your self proclaimed post count superiority.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
You clearly don't because veering this thread about the promotional lifetime transfer with eight posts about upgrading your hardware is the very definition of hijacking a thread. You'd think you'd have learned by now with your self proclaimed post count superiority.
Don't get yourself involved where you don't belong.
Now run along and God bless.

·
UHD Addict
24,274 Posts
Reactions: jcondon and Mikeguy

·
wait.. I did what?
15,102 Posts
Sorry, thread drift is part of TCF's DNA, it's part of the joy that is TCF, you don't have to like it, you don't have to participate in the drift, and you can ignore members that you feel contribute too much drift, but I have to side with scandia101 on this (write that in the records folks..) the drift is what makes TCF special.

·
Registered
36,383 Posts
Sorry, thread drift is part of TCF's DNA, it's part of the joy that is TCF, you don't have to like it, you don't have to participate in the drift, and you can ignore members that you feel contribute too much drift, but I have to side with scandia101 on this (write that in the records folks..) the drift is what makes TCF special.
Thread drift is great. Seems silly though to ignore the best suited thread/forum for your question and be snarky about a seemingly good idea (to look in the right forum and thread).

Perhaps there he wouldn't have been recommended an unsuitable drive.

161 - 180 of 487 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.