TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I don't see a refurb offered on the page I linked to. How did you get the refurb?
Just go to the regular shopping site and put one in your cart. Then go to the link and follow through, deleting the new one and keeping the refurb. Apply the promo code, $249

Reactions: NoVa and krkaufman

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Never mind. No need for the two step. Just shop on the regular Tivo page and place the refurb in your card along with all in plan then apply the promo code. No need to use the link in the email.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Never mind. No need for the two step. Just shop on the regular Tivo page and place the refurb in your card along with all in plan then apply the promo code. No need to use the link in the email.
The refurbs must be gone, I don't see them, just the new ones.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got the offer, for my 7 year old 2-tuner Premiere XL. I'm considering it, and would value some advise from the Wise Ones that inhabit this forum. I'd probably go for the Bolt + 3TB

Downsides: 1) The Bolts don't do OTA and cable; worse, the Bolt + doesn't do OTA at all. I occasionally tape an OTA show, but only occasionally.
2) The Bolts are not stackable (dumb design decision IMHO)
3) $600 is still $600
4) This is the real issue - I have Comcast service, and AT&T is now installing fiber to the home in my subdivision. ATT does offer a home DVR option, which I could use instead of Tivo. The Bolt won't work with AT&T, (nor will my existing Premiere) and what I'm really afraid of is that Comcast may switch to all IPTV of some sort, in which case a Bolt would, I think, become a doorstop. Any thoughts on this?

Finally, what I think is a simple questions: I assume my existing Premiere, once deactivated, can still be used to play back previously recorded shows - correct?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
I just got the offer, for my 7 year old 2-tuner Premiere XL. I'm considering it, and would value some advise from the Wise Ones that inhabit this forum. I'd probably go for the Bolt + 3TB

Downsides: 1) The Bolts don't do OTA and cable; worse, the Bolt + doesn't do OTA at all. I occasionally tape an OTA show, but only occasionally.
Get the Bolt (nonplus), and sub in your own 3TB Toshiba 2.5" drive--relatively easy to do, with a couple of screwdrivers (see YouTube videos on this). And so you can choose between OTA and cable (but not at the same time).
2) The Bolts are not stackable (dumb design decision IMHO)
Put it under an inexpensive (and even nice-looking, perforated metal or clear acrylic) monitor stand, if you feel the need--"converts" it into being stackable. See earlier posts here on this, with pics.
3) $600 is still $600
Save 1/4+ of that by purchasing the Bolt (nonplus) and subbing in your own separately-purchased 3TB drive (see above). Also, if you have a credit card that gives a price match reimbursement, look for a lower price and applying.
Finally, what I think is a simple questions: I assume my existing Premiere, once deactivated, can still be used to play back previously recorded shows - correct?
If like TiVo's other similar offers, yes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I missed the last two offers because my box wasn't connected. I connected it a month ago and have been waiting for the offer to return but I didn't get the email this time either. Anyone know if Series 2 boxes are included in the offer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just spoke to a customer service person as to whether I could still use my Premiere for OTA recording if I transferred the service to a Bolt. She said no but that I could "reactivate" service to the Premiere in the future. So that would mean taking out a new service? I do like having the option of both cable and OTA though both my Roamio and Premiere have been acting weirdly lately, especially the Premiere, in that they are both recording shows I never watch even though I have suggestions turned off. The Premiere was bought in 2012, would it be a good time to upgrade?

·
Registered
53 Posts
So this offer greatly appeals to me but Bolt+ has been out for so long that I'd originally been waiting for just the next generation box so I could have the latest and greatest as soon as it came out. What do you guys think about the release of the next generation of tivo boxes? Will there be one in the next year or so? I could probably live forever with my TiVo XL4 since 4k isn't broadcasting yet and I don't have a 4k TV. I also don't mind fast forwarding through the commercials instead of gaining skip mode. However, about 6 months ago, the wifi jack on my XL4 no longer works, and so I'm connecting to the internet via the wireless adapter. With my box 80% full, how tedious would it be to transfer all my shows via wireless?

·
Retired
14,905 Posts
Dang it, why do I never get these email offers? I have a Premiere XL4 that's been phoning home to TiVo for years now and should qualify. When I put the TSN in the promo code field it says not valid. Ugh.
After a ridiculously long time on hold, the CSR checked my account and my Premiere was eligible for the offer. So annoying that my TSN didn't work on the website (yes, I entered it without the dashes) but very happy that I'll be getting a Bolt 500 GB! Total with tax was $327.40. Thanks @Dan203 for posting the deal!

21 - 40 of 487 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.