TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
Yes, the old TiVo is supposed to become a boat anchor (I was thinking doorstop, myself) after the transfer is competed. Of course, my Humax S2 was the donor unit for their offer in April and it still appears in my account as a unit in good standing.
I've got an S3 OLED that was supposed to be deactivated in the spring deal, it's still kicking, so YMMV

I took advantage of this to replace the last Premiere in my fleet that was doing duty at the cottage, this will let cottage folks stream on the deck which will be cool.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
What are you planning to do with the extra 3TB drive. Is it for backup; are you putting it inside the Tivo for added storage... please explain for those of us who are computer literate, but have never upgraded/enhanced our Tivo's. thanks.
Open Tivo, remove old drive, install new drive, reassemble, 3TB Tivo.
Keep in mind this is technically warranty voiding and for those afraid of that not recommended, however in most cases if the unit gets sick you remove the new drive (and lose your recordings) and replace the oem drive and proceed to troubleshoot. YMMV should you have a warranty issue, it's Tivo's version of "don't ask don't tell"

Reactions: NoVa

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
I took advantage of this offer but my credit card shows two charges for $311, but I ordered only one bolt 500 gig. My order history only shows one charge of $311 for one bolt, Is this normal?
Well no, of course it's not normal, but don't discount one may be pending and not an actually charge, I'd just keep an eye on it until the status changes to shipped and the final charge is on the account.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
If the deactivated box is not able to upload using TiVo Desktop Plus or pyTivo Desktop there is still another way to do it.
This is the flaw in your logic, a deactivated box will not have network capability for Tivo Desktop or other applications, a deactivated box will call in, set its clock, and download OS updates only, no transfers, no guide data, etc.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
You clearly don't because veering this thread about the promotional lifetime transfer with eight posts about upgrading your hardware is the very definition of hijacking a thread. You'd think you'd have learned by now with your self proclaimed post count superiority.
Sorry, thread drift is part of TCF's DNA, it's part of the joy that is TCF, you don't have to like it, you don't have to participate in the drift, and you can ignore members that you feel contribute too much drift, but I have to side with scandia101 on this (write that in the records folks..) the drift is what makes TCF special.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,896 Posts
Can still order Bolt+ BUT not with $99 Lifetime transfer.
The sale is still on, if the Bolt+ is sold out, then it is, but the sale continues until 10/8, it was not exclusive to the Bolt+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.