TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
So this offer greatly appeals to me but Bolt+ has been out for so long that I'd originally been waiting for just the next generation box so I could have the latest and greatest as soon as it came out. What do you guys think about the release of the next generation of tivo boxes? Will there be one in the next year or so? I could probably live forever with my TiVo XL4 since 4k isn't broadcasting yet and I don't have a 4k TV. I also don't mind fast forwarding through the commercials instead of gaining skip mode. However, about 6 months ago, the wifi jack on my XL4 no longer works, and so I'm connecting to the internet via the wireless adapter. With my box 80% full, how tedious would it be to transfer all my shows via wireless?

·
Registered
53 Posts
TiVo Chat told me today that I won't be able to transfer shows from a deactivated TiVo. I say this in case some of you are considering putting off the decision a week or two... You may need the extra month to transfer shows from old Premiere to new Bolt. I know I will since my ethernet jack is broken and am relying on wireless adapter. Of course, you can keep the old Premiere plugged in on a separate input and watch already-recorded shows while deactivated.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.