TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
It says to use the TSN of the qualified unit as the promo code to get the deal.
And unlike last time, the qualifying TSN/promo code(s) are provided in the email from Tivo.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Since we're the ones who shelled out for the units/Lifetime service, shouldn't WE be the ones who decide which units we can upgrade?
Wow and no. Believing that Tivo should be making these offers when it's convenient for you is just plain ludicrous.

Reactions: jrtroo and NoVa

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Please recommend a 2.5" 3TB drive for a Bolt upgrade other than the Toshiba MQ03ABB300
I just want more options

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
This thread is about the upgrade deal. You should look in the Tivo Upgrade Center section for answers to your hard drive upgrade question.
Thank you forum police but with nearly 500X more posts than you, I believe that I do have a working knowledge of the ins and outs of TCF.

Reactions: wedenton

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
You clearly don't because veering this thread about the promotional lifetime transfer with eight posts about upgrading your hardware is the very definition of hijacking a thread. You'd think you'd have learned by now with your self proclaimed post count superiority.
Don't get yourself involved where you don't belong.
Now run along and God bless.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
To be fair it's only about 21x more posts, not 500x :innocent: *ducks*
???
Cheap flyer,who I was responding to, has 22 posts. 22 x 21 is only 462 and I have 10,700.
Granted I was only being approximate because I didn't feel like doing the math. The actual difference is 486x

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
I'm planning to take advantage of this offer to upgrade from my Premiere to the Bolt. Does anyone know what company TiVo uses for shipping and if they require a signature? This will influence what I use for a shipping address. Thanks.
My orders from tivo come via fedex. I've done the signature waiver thing with fedex and ups, so I never have to sign so I don't ever know if a sig is required by default or not.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Quick question on my Premier can I remove the drive (3TB) and connect it into my Roamio Plus via ESATA and access my stored shows that way. Thanks for info on the deal
Nope.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
So, I just realized how stupid I am... For the promo code, I kept entering TSN because that is what it said to do...

Must use TSN as promo code..... so I entered TSN as the promo code... duh. I guess TSN actually stands for something... like Tivo serial number...

Would have been nice if that was actually spelled out in the email... Even their support people did not pick up on it when I told them I was entering TSN as the promo code. I even asked them if there was something I was doing wrong.
How is it not spelled out? What more do you need?

We're making it easy for you. Choose which qualifying current DVR you would like to replace, and simply use that DVR's TSN as your promo code at checkout:

1 available TSN's on Account:

7460011XXXXXXXXX

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Was tempted to get one for myself but my own premiere is still going strong on it's 7th year.
Being 7 years old is why I would recommend upgrading to most people.

Reactions: Endymion_

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Does anyone know what service plans would be available post deactivation? I'm looking for a simple month-to-month versus a commitment plan. TiVo chat said one is available at $14.99/month, phone support said All-In or annual but cancelable within the first 30-days. Looking at the website there is a $19.99 monthly no-commit plant but it states it is only available for TiVos bought at full price...

Also for those who participated in the previous S2 or S3 transfers, how quick is TiVo to deactivate the service? If they're slow I might get by or be able to remove the Internet feed as it is coming via Moca to this TiVo, this all assuming I have enough guide data to get by.
The $14.99 plan would be no commitment on an old previously subscribed Tivo That has already staisfied its initial commitment which a lifetime sub does.
My s2 that was replaced with a Bolt from the March offer was deactivated sometime in June or July - well after every date that Tivo tossed out as the deactivation date. Other People's tivos still have not been deactivated. But Tivo seems to be learning with each lifetime transfer deal they offer.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
I stand corrected. Doesn't make any sense Tivo would activated a device that old.
Up until about a year ago you could have activated a 17 year old series 1 Tivo. They'll stop updating a platform long before they end new activations.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Why are people assuming that "deactivate" just automatically has to mean a permanent deactivation rather than simply removing the current lifetime subscription. What did Tivo ever say that make's someone believe that?

Tivo is not going to have a random mix of subscribable and unsubscribable Premieres out in the wild. That's just a ridiculously asinine idea. But go ahead and keep believing it if it makes you feel happy or superior or whatever.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Offering an 82% discount because someone paid full price once 5-10 years ago would be a ludicrous business plan.

Reactions: aaronwt and CTLesq

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
It's a drag that they only allowed recently-connected TiVo's to transfer lifetimes from, rather than the oldest units many of us may have in our houses, even if they haven't been connected recently.
People always want something for nothing and have jacked up logic to justify it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.