TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I missed the last two offers because my box wasn't connected. I connected it a month ago and have been waiting for the offer to return but I didn't get the email this time either. Anyone know if Series 2 boxes are included in the offer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not the answer I wanted but was what I expected, thank you.
Maybe all is not lost! I can think of two ways to get your shows from the deactivated box to your new box. Both ways entail passing the shows through your computer.

The first way is use TiVo Desktop Plus or pyTivo Desktop to upload the shows from tho old box to the computer then again use TiVo Desktop Plus or pyTivo Desktop to download the shows from the computer to the new box.

If the deactivated box is not able to upload using TiVo Desktop Plus or pyTivo Desktop there is still another way to do it. This is a method I use to record shows from Netflix, put them on my computer, then download them to my TiVo and finally put them on my iPad using the TiVo app. Buy a $75 WinTV USB stick on Amazon (WinTV-HVR-950Q) and connect your old box to it. Play the shows back and the device will use the computer monitor like a TV and also record the content into an MP4 file on the computer that pyTivo can then download to the new box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is the flaw in your logic, a deactivated box will not have network capability for Tivo Desktop or other applications, a deactivated box will call in, set its clock, and download OS updates only, no transfers, no guide data, etc.
Diane, I suspected that might be the case and that is why I offered the second solution, albeit at a cost of $75 (buy a $75 WinTV USB stick on Amazon (WinTV-HVR-950Q) and connect your old box to it). AV out from the old box into the HVR to a USB port on the computer. View the shows on the computer which will also record what is being viewed in an MP4 file (CP doesn't matter). Then pyTivo to the new (network connected) box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where is that? Sadly, at $189 at Amazon.com, from Marketplace sellers (Amazon no longer itself selling it, seemingly).
This thread is about the upgrade deal. You should look in the Tivo Upgrade Center section for answers to your hard drive upgrade question.
Actually, the post is quite appropriate since someone who gets the upgrade offer must decide between getting the 3Tb Bolt+ or getting the 500Gb Bolt and upgrading it him or her self. That person would be quite interested in knowing the different HD choices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.