TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
Yes, the old TiVo is supposed to become a boat anchor (I was thinking doorstop, myself) after the transfer is competed. Of course, my Humax S2 was the donor unit for their offer in April and it still appears in my account as a unit in good standing (although they're not offering to transfer that unit again - first thing I checked).

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
On a whim I tried entering the TSN for the Premiere unit that wasn't mentioned in the TIVo email, and it turns out that it's eligible too. I would have preferred to retire Lifetime on that one. :(

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
So these 2 statement contradicts each other...
Yep. You're right. I conflated my previous experience and this offer.

The donor unit will (in theory) lose its subscription on 10/31 but currently someone should be able to start a new subscription on an unsubbed Premiere.

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
If i buy the new bolt at best buy can i still get the $99.00 lifetime deal? or do i have to puchase directly from TIVO to get the deal? P.S. does the bolt stream 4k on netflix,hulu and you tube?
You have to buy from TiVo for the Lifetime transfer deal but you might be able to get a price match if your credit card offers price protection. My email receipt from TiVo shows the unit price and the $99 subscription on separate lines.

After April many people reported success with getting a price match from their credit card. I checked Amazon before buying and currently their price is the same as TiVo's price, but typically price protection runs for at least a month or two after the purchase.

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
Looks like the going price for a Bolt+ with all-in service on eBay is several hundred above the price in this deal. I'll have to consider that over the weekend for my idle Premiere. With two Bolts the most I'm likely to need on any other TVs is a Mini.

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
In April certain Bolt models (I don't remember which) went in and out of stock during the offer. I think that offer had a high uptake rate due to the donor models being older SD TiVos with limited utility compared to any of the HD TiVo models. Even though a Premiere with Lifetime is arguably worth more than an S2 with Lifetime, TiVo really didn't sweeten the offer for Premiere owners*. I personally don't expect this offer to be as popular as the April offer so it might not sell out before expiration (the April offer also went on for several weeks).

*An unsubbed Premiere has some resale value since a buyer can activate a new subscription, but the street price of a 500 GB Bolt is low enough that the Premiere really isn't worth very much IMO.

·
I'm back!
35,632 Posts
I didn't get an email and I think I want to get a Bolt+. What do I do?
Go to the TiVo.com page linked in this thread somewhere and enter your unit's TiVo Service Number (no dashes) in the coupon code box after putting your choice of Bolt in the cart. If it's an eligible Premiere you should see the discount.

My email only listed one of my two Premieres but either of the TSNs work.

EDIT: This page: TiVo BOLT

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.