TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always enjoy the "year in review" shows at the end of the year, I'm supposing this year they'll do the decade. Anyone know of any such shows scheduled on any of the networks? Thanks.

·
Now with more GB
3,529 Posts
I don't see any listed - in fact, the only three "year in review" shows I can find are CNN's "All The Best, All The Worst" that premiered last Thursday, and NBC's "A Toast to 2019" and Fox News's "Who Can Forget? 2019," both on New Year's Eve. There might be some quick looks at the 2010s on the New Year's Eve Countdown shows - especially CNN, which has four hours to fill.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean by the end of the decade on December 31, 2020?
Gak! I'm asking a year too early. But The Today Show had a pop-culture decade review this morning and USA Today had a piece on the best films of the decade, so apparently I'm not the only one.

Plus, it is kind of odd. The 2010's don't actually include the year 2010? I don't think most folks think of it in that way, even if it is actually correct.

(I guess I'll bump this thread in a year.)

·
I am Groot!
64,439 Posts
Gak! I'm asking a year too early. But The Today Show had a pop-culture decade review this morning and USA Today had a piece on the best films of the decade, so apparently I'm not the only one.

Plus, it is kind of odd. The 2010's don't actually include the year 2010? I don't think most folks think of it in that way, even if it is actually correct.

(I guess I'll bump this thread in a year.)
I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic (presumably in response to the other thread).

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,881 Posts
I'm waiting for CNN's Decade shows for the 2010s. They've done one for the 1960s onward, and they are really well done. I'm sure NatGeo will have one, but at least for me, we are "too close" to the 2010s to look back on it with any type of historical lens. The mushy gushy "look back" on the previous year, I'm not that into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.