TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went back to TiVo (Roamio OTA) after many, many (10+) years with cox cable dvr. This was part of a trial period of cutting the cord. I forgot how much better TiVo really was. I took advantage of its ability to incorporate Netflix and Amazon Prime into the menu. I really like the integration and things are going great.

However, I spliced my ota antenna (mounted in the attic) into the cable drop by my tv for better ota reception. I have to rely on wifi (minimal cox package of 50 Mbps) set up in the next room and had a lot of buffering when watching Netflix on TiVo. Funny, no buffering issues when watching while streaming over chromecast on my iPad. Most writers say only 5Mpbs is needed for an HDTV movie or show on Netflix.

I decided to take a chance on a powerline adapter (Zyxel AV2000 / PLA5456) and noticed an immediate improvement. No more buffering. Someone on this forum likened it to fooling your TiVo into thinking it had a real Ethernet connection. Time will tell if this is a permanent solution but thought I would share my experience (for anyone experiencing the same issues).

Cheers.

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
I decided to take a chance on a powerline adapter (Zyxel AV2000 / PLA5456) and noticed an immediate improvement. No more buffering. Someone on this forum likened it to fooling your TiVo into thinking it had a real Ethernet connection. Time will tell if this is a permanent solution but thought I would share my experience (for anyone experiencing the same issues).
Thanks for the info. on the success, and also on the specific model. Great to hear! Been looking into Powerline as well, and it's been hard to find good, comprehensive comparative info. on Powerline adapter models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.