TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Oval Satellite Dish has been disrupted by some strong winds so I can't get any satellite signal. But that's not my problem. I'll just get someone out to re-align it. My problem is that the HDTivo is locked up on the "Acquiring information from the satellite" screen, and it won't let me watch live TV through my OTA channels. And yes I know for sure that my OTA channels are just fine, but nothing I try can get me off that screen. I can go into my Menu Screens including watching shows I've already recorded, but I want to be able to watch live TV through OTA.

Any ideas on how to get to them?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If I remember right, the Satellite/OTA are associated with one other. If the satellite input doesn't work, neither will the associated OTA work. Re-align the dish and I believe that the OTAs will work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the satellite first got knocked around I couldn't get satellite channels, but I could still get OTA channels. Then for whatever reason the HDTivo went into a mode where it was trying to acquite data from the satellite. Well since the satellite signal wasn't coming in then it couldn't finish the setup so it's just stuck there.

If I could somewhow get off that then I could view my OTA channels even though the satellite signal isn't coming in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, finally figured this out. In the settings you do "Repeat Guided Setup" and then choose off air only. Then you have to go back into settings again and choose channels, and then have it scan for off air channels. I wasn't doing that last part because I thought the Tivo should be automatically recognizing them since they had been set before.

So yes you can use the HDTivo just as an Off Air Receiver, but you can't set up any manual recording features or anything else. The only Tivo feature that works is the 30 minute live buffer. A Tech is suppose to be here tomorrow afternoon to re-align the dish so that should be the end of it..at least until there's more high winds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts