TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some help with a multi room setup please.

Here is what I have now: 18" oval dish dual LNB (single head)with 2 outputs with one line going to a DTV/Tivo Dual Tuner Receiver using only 1 tuner in our Family Rm and the other line going to just a simple DTV receiver in our bedroom.

Here is what I just purchased and already have: I just purchased 2 DTV/Tivo Dual Tuner Receivers and I already have another 18" oval dish dual LNB (single head) with 2 outputs new in box.

Here is what I want to do: I would like to have Dual tuner capability in my Family Rm, Master Bdrm and Son's Rm (2 lines each room). I would also like to hook up regular DTV in my daughters room(single line)

I get my locals from DTV so I don't use a external antenna.

Now what type of Multiswitch do I need and do I need to hook up my other Dish? Can you explain the setup a bit?

Thanks,
Tom Frazier

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GrayWolf, will the multiswitch you linked to also work with HDDTV if I decide to get it next year?

What about the Eagle Aspen 5x8 Multiswitch with Power Supply (S-4180-GX+) instead of the 3x8?

Also Can I install the Multiswitch outside behind the dish?

What about diplexers? Do I need them? I was planning on running two cables to each room for each receiver. But correct me if I am wrong; A diplexor would alow me to run just one cable to each room and then split it again to go to each tuner on the receiver???

Thanks,
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.