TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to TiVo and new to this forum. All I want to do is transfer a few shows from TiVo-to-go to my Creative Zen 30:M. I bought the TiVo to go Deluxe thinking that would help. The shows have all transfered from the TiVo boxes to my PC. Getting them to the Zen is the problem. I know I'm supposed to do some "encoding" or something along the way. Any help would be appreciated. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and would like some in-flight entertainment.

Thanks in advance! John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rambler! I'll check it out. I got an answer in another forum to use Windows Media, then sync. For some reason it is only working on some of the files. Thanks for your suggestion. John

·
Large Member
1,132 Posts
Sorry I missed you. I have the methodology and do it all the time - not much to it.

Here is what I do.

I move programs to my desktop using TiVo Desktop (TTG). I then use Direct Show Dump utility (free) to put it in a compatible format.

Then I use Windows Media Player's sync function and move it to my Zen Vision M.

PM me if you have questions.

Regards,

Jim

·
Large Member
1,132 Posts
A follow up to this:

Like other posts I have seen on the forum, my simple transfer (which was really nice) no longer works. It has not worked for quite a while (more than a year).

Now it is a complete PITA - having to go thru a video conversion for every file. I still use DSD to strip off the .tivo bits. But whenever I try to synch using WMP, I get an error message that the video format is not supported. If I run thru a conversion program (25 minutes for a 30 minute program) it works OK...but what a pain.

Am I missing something? What changed where this no longer works. I wouldn't mind paying for the TiVo Desktop upgrade, but it specifically says it is not needed for the Zen.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts