TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a Tivo Premiere that a long while back I upgraded to a 1TB drive and expanded. I was giving my old Tivo Premiere away and did a reset, but it won't get past the several hours of trying to clear and delete everything. So, I went back to the original drive which fired right back up. Unfortunately when I go to do a guided setup I am required in this guided setup loop. It appears to download several times reboots and back to guided setup. I tried kickstart 56 with this original drive and I appear after 10-15 minutes back at a guided setup again.

Should I just restore a newer image and expand the 1TB? Would that make things easier?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Hi there,

I have a Tivo Premiere that a long while back I upgraded to a 1TB drive and expanded. I was giving my old Tivo Premiere away and did a reset, but it won't get past the several hours of trying to clear and delete everything. So, I went back to the original drive which fired right back up. Unfortunately when I go to do a guided setup I am required in this guided setup loop. It appears to download several times reboots and back to guided setup. I tried kickstart 56 with this original drive and I appear after 10-15 minutes back at a guided setup again.

Should I just restore a newer image and expand the 1TB? Would that make things easier?

Thanks!!
1TB image sent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks!!
This is too funny!! This is exactly the same thing that has happened to me (except that I had a 2 TB hard drive). I want to just keep the original hard drive that came with this Tivo so I am only looking for that image instead of the larger (2 TB) image.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You probably have a specific brand of SD card reader that kills DvrBARS. Disable the card reader with Device Manager or in the BIOS settings.
OK, I guess I don't understand. I have the file from the link you gave me on the computers main hard drive and the hard drive from the TiVo also connected to the same computer. I expecting that the file from the link you sent me on the main hard drive to be copied over to the TiVo hard drive. No SD cards involved.
Am I way off on this??

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, I guess I don't understand. I have the file from the link you gave me on the computers main hard drive and the hard drive from the TiVo also connected to the same computer. I expecting that the file from the link you sent me on the main hard drive to be copied over to the TiVo hard drive. No SD cards involved.
Am I way off on this??
I'll disable any card readers and try again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.