TiVo Community Forum banner

Need Account Help

656 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  scandia101
I'm in Canada, and 3 years ago I bought a Series 3 HD Tivo off Ebay w/ a lifetime membership. When I received it, it was already activated by the seller, so I never really had a reason to go to the Tivo site and sign up for an account.I downloaded the new Tivo iphone app, and it requires a username, and password. So I went there, entered my Service number, and tried adding an email address, and it didn't work. I don't know how to get around this....
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
When you first purchased it, you should have set up an account and had the seller transfer it to you. If possible, you need to contact him/her and get it done now.

BTW, it is not a "membership". It is lifetime TiVo service for that TiVo.
I never really had a reason to go to the Tivo site and sign up for an account.
Yes you did. You had a tivo with a lifetime subscription.

I downloaded the new Tivo iphone app, and it requires a username, and password. So I went there, entered my Service number, and tried adding an email address, and it didn't work. I don't know how to get around this....
Try username = tivo
password = MAK
By MAK I mean your Media Access Key which is a ten digit number that can be found via the tivo's menus.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.