TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
As this is the newest thread I could find on subject, I am hoping someone can advise. I have two TCD746320 TiVo's, one working on a monthly plan and one with lifetime stuck on the Welcome Starting Up screen. I swapped the good drive into the lifetime unit and it works, so believe it's a hard drive issue, so was going to attempt to image/backup the good drive and restore to a known good drive using DvrBARS but it will not run. Using a Win 10 Home box with the drive directly connected via SATA and tried launching DvrBARS with and without using the Run as Administrator function to no avail. It appears to start, the hourglass appears for a few seconds then nothing. The drive appears in Disk Management so I know it is connected (not initialized BTW).

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

· Premium Member
6,471 Posts
As this is the newest thread I could find on subject, I am hoping someone can advise. I have two TCD746320 TiVo's, one working on a monthly plan and one with lifetime stuck on the Welcome Starting Up screen. I swapped the good drive into the lifetime unit and it works, so believe it's a hard drive issue, so was going to attempt to image/backup the good drive and restore to a known good drive using DvrBARS but it will not run. Using a Win 10 Home box with the drive directly connected via SATA and tried launching DvrBARS with and without using the Run as Administrator function to no avail. It appears to start, the hourglass appears for a few seconds then nothing. The drive appears in Disk Management so I know it is connected (not initialized BTW).

Any assistance greatly appreciated!
Sounds like a known bug with certain SD card readers. If you temporarily disable the card reader in Device Manager or your BIOS settings it should work.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts