TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have 2 TIVOs that I pay for, but can't really afford to add another one. I just want to be able to pipe my shows from one of those two TIVOs down to another TV in my basement. Could I just get a TIVO without service to do that, or is that considered recording and is not allowed by S2 service agreement without an active subscription? If that won't work, any other ideas??

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
No TiVo without service will give you any networking/program transfer capabilities.

Are the TiVos you have now networked? If so, could you move one of the TiVos downstairs? Then you could transfer programs down there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are networked, but unfortunately I'm trying to actually get 3 tvs hooked up, rather than only the two. I guess I could put a computer down there and use the tivo desktop on that... or I could do the same thing using a slingbox. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I have the Terk Leapfrog which I use to send my TiVo signal from the living room tv to the bedroom tv. There are other products which will do this as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts