TiVo Community Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Bakula posted a message on social media saying goodbye to NCIS: New Orleans while also letting people know that if the PGA Championship coverage today (Sunday, May 23) runs over, the series finale of NCIS:NOLA will be pushed back a day. If it airs Monday, instead of Sunday, it will air in Bull's 10 P.M. timeslot right after the All Rise series finale on Monday, May 24.

Per Bakula last night, "You'll have to tune in tomorrow night, but if we're not there, you won't panic or throw anything at the TV! I don't want anyone to miss it and be disappointed. We've come too far together!"

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't know why CBS wouldn't simply bump "60 Minutes" for the week instead. FYI, the main CBS twitter account as of a few minutes ago is still promoting the 10pm NCIS:NO finale as scheduled. Anyone on the East Coast able to confirm?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why CBS wouldn't simply bump "60 Minutes" for the week instead. FYI, the main CBS twitter account as of a few minutes ago is still promoting the 10pm NCIS:NO finale as scheduled. Anyone on the East Coast able to confirm?
No one knows for sure, hence Bakula's "tune in and if we're on, we're on, and if we're off, see you tomorrow" message.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, the show's (NCIS: New Orleans) Twitter account just posted that the episode WILL air tonight starting at 10:29 P.M. eastern.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Of course there is, but they'll never do it.

First, making sports run long means more higher paying ad slots, so sports will deliberately run long to make more slots.

As a nice side effect, it screws up people who use DVRs, which studios hate with a passion because well, ad skipping.

So yes, there are ways to fix it - ask anyone in Europe where guide updates are sent alongside programming. But since it's a win-win for the networks, it's not going to happen. It means more ad revenue for them for the sports, and DVRs being messed up. Sure you could pad the recording an extra hour, but it means having a tuner being occupied longer.

I'm sure if you ask them, the fact that shows start or end 1-3 minutes late is just the way it goes, when they know full well it's designed to cut off the ending.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts