· TiVoholic by the bay
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last 2 episodes, after 15 years.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate these kind of endings.

They are killing off Abby after being shot in a robbery.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wished they had killed off Dinozzo instead.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HERE LIES

ABBY

MAY SHE
ANALIZE
THE PIECES.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
I wished they had killed off Dinozzo instead.
I suspect the problem was Bull wasn't necessarily going to last (new show, might not gain traction and flow), so they have to leave an option for Michael Weatherly to return. But given the relative success, and the fact that he's not even mentioned anymore, he's as good as gone.

Well, there are still 3 more shows this season.
And I suspect there aren't many seasons left of NCIS, period. I had to look it up because The Simpsons mentioned it was going on for 17 years (they did a great remix of the theme song, too) which seemed wrong (NCIS' first season was a product of all the new 9/11 laws enacted which took a couple of years). Turns out it's only off by a couple - we're on season 15. So Abby's departure is likely permanent. I'm sure Ducky's lack of presence this season is also indicative of the slow winding down of the show.

· Remote Czar
4,294 Posts
I suspect the problem was Bull wasn't necessarily going to last (new show, might not gain traction and flow), so they have to leave an option for Michael Weatherly to return. But given the relative success, and the fact that he's not even mentioned anymore, he's as good as gone.

And I suspect there aren't many seasons left of NCIS, period. I had to look it up because The Simpsons mentioned it was going on for 17 years (they did a great remix of the theme song, too) which seemed wrong (NCIS' first season was a product of all the new 9/11 laws enacted which took a couple of years). Turns out it's only off by a couple - we're on season 15. So Abby's departure is likely permanent. I'm sure Ducky's lack of presence this season is also indicative of the slow winding down of the show.
The Simpsons are on their 29th season. It came on the air in 1989.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
The Simpsons are on their 29th season. It came on the air in 1989.
I know. They broke the episode record (beat Gunsmoke for number of episodes). It's just they mentioned that NCIS (they were spoofing it in the episode) was on for 17 seasons, hence having to look it up since I'm pretty sure NCIS was not on that long.

I think CBS should contact Fox and get a hold of that remixed NCIS intro song.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.