TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"In an interview, Perrette said NBC Universal might like to sell single episodes of two different shows together, for example, or let customers who have already purchased several episodes buy a full season at a prorated price."

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
ZeoTiVo said:
It really isn't a big benefit to TiVo Unbox users since they can record most of these shows anyways (sure getting pilot episodes is nice I guess). The real issue is if Apple will end up taking some Unbox only studios over to iTunes. This game of cat and mouse isn't really benefiting users.

·
TMBG Fan
1,046 Posts
rainwater said:
It really isn't a big benefit to TiVo Unbox users since they can record most of these shows anyways (sure getting pilot episodes is nice I guess). The real issue is if Apple will end up taking some Unbox only studios over to iTunes. This game of cat and mouse isn't really benefiting users.
If they allow Unbox users to download the pilots before their schedule start, then it is a :up: . It says it will start on Sept 10th, which is a few weeks before they start, IIRC.

·
Registered
311 Posts
bpurcell said:
If they allow Unbox users to download the pilots before their schedule start, then it is a :up: . It says it will start on Sept 10th, which is a few weeks before they start, IIRC.
The article says the Bionic Woman pilon "will appear starting Sept. 10." It's not clear whether it will be downloadable then or merely be listed for future download.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Good news. Now if we could just get the networks to use Tivo iPreview tags in their promos/commercials.

CBS offered a sneak peek of "The Class" last year, but that was a teleworld broadcast, not TivoCAST.

·
Registered
23 Posts
bicker said:
Until they make these offerings available in widescreen, I don't feel drawn to patronize Unbox.
I agree completely. I really enjoyed and appreciated the $15 credit given for trying out Unbox. However, it really only pointed out that I'm not inclined to pay Amazon for 4:3 material to get stretched on my 16:9 TV.

I like the service and I'll even use it once they offer widescreen content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.