TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my TiVo decided not to record Seth Meyer last night. :) Checked my Roamio today (Verizon/Boston) and

1) If I select the show in the One-Pass Manager and look at Upcoming - I can see it's scheduled for every night this week.

2) if I look in the TODO list - there's nothing there.

3) if I look in HISTORY for last night, it says "program no longer in Guide"

4) if I look at the program guide, my local NBC affiliate is marked "To Be Announced" from 11:35 PM into the wee hours, every weeknight this week.

Gotta love those program guide people. I've switched over to a Manual repeating recording :-(

· Registered
579 Posts
Everything you said. I submitted a report. We'll see what happens.

Gracenotes & Interbridge both have listings. Rovi doesn't even have Lilly Singh's talkshow debut this week after Seth Meyers. Rovi's just a s***show.

· Registered
27,640 Posts
I had this situation as well--the late night NBC block of time with no listing in it--but it seemingly got "fixed"/filled in later this morning/this afternoon (after my regularly-scheduled TiVo Guide update this morning), which I downloaded through a manual update this afternoon.

· Registered
212 Posts
It's the same with football games. Almost all of them were TBD in my local market, including the slot that is definitely for the local team! This coming's Sunday games just showed up in the guide on Tuesday and next Sunday is still showing TBD. Someone is asleep at TiVO who is responsible for descriptions of the live shows.

· Registered
27,640 Posts
It's the same with football games. Almost all of them were TBD in my local market, including the slot that is definitely for the local team! This coming's Sunday games just showed up in the guide on Tuesday and next Sunday is still showing TBD. Someone is asleep at TiVO who is responsible for descriptions of the live shows.
It's unclear to me if it's the result of ineptitude, Rovi trying to save money on data entry, or both.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Both. But to be fair, even Gracenote and titantv.com have TBA for my 9/29 10:30pm EDT time slot. CBS Interactive has the 8 to 11pm as TBA. I guess 9/29 is a bad night.
i blame the 30 minute time shift by cbs in attempting to plan for a sports overrun, combined with fall premiers.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
with today's guide update, 9/29 cbs now shows football from 3pm-7pm (central), tba 7pm-7:30pm, then god friended me at 7:30pm, ncis: la at 8:30pm, and madam secretary at 9:30pm - getting closer...

· Registered
212 Posts
I got a big cleanup yesterday eliminating most of the TBA's (two weeks from now secondary game still TBA), getting all of the local games correct, and marking re-run episodes that it wanted to record as "new" as "not new". Looks like they are finally catching up, like they are surprised every fall that they have a lot of metadata that has to be updated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.