TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just digging around, tried out the National Geographic channels website.

Going through the menus you will get to a spot where you can see if you are goin to have NGC in HD or not.

Of course we know that it is not available yet on DirecTV.

But here is the graphic: (attached)

Called the phone number on there, after listening to the message (which at one point goes: You spent a LOT on the HDTV... don't you want the best proramming? )

It eventaully transfers you to DirecTV's phone system, so you can request National Geographic HD....

It thinks is one of the first times I have had a system like this actually transfer me to the people that I need to request it from (not like the CSR gave a hoot), but... thought it was intresting none the less.

Attachments

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are reading it correctly... that is exactly what it says...

And yes... NG is encouraging people to bomabard DirecTV with requests for the channel...

Extremely common when lauching a new channel... It continues on a lot of other advertisments "Check with your carrier".

This is just one of the first times, I have recalled where they re-directed your call to the people you need to request it from.

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is VERY old information...
It was on 77 for a little while, and may correspond to some of the sneak peeks.

But the national relase of NGC-HD, will be MPEG-4 on the 103.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.