TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think if I had the time, I could come up with something more deadly, although Adam's neck shot looked fatal enough!

·
UMF Catalyst
Cogitamus Ergo Sumus
24,363 Posts
I recently started watching Beyond Tomorrow, a weekly collection of modestly interesting scientific features (oh, look, a car that can steer more safely; a wrist-band to put on your kids that tracks them via GPS). The last segment they show in each episode is a shortened version of a Mythbusters experiment.

This week's excerpt was the raising of the Mythtanic using ping-pong balls. They showed the whole process, edited down to about ten minutes.

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
I was sort of surprised that Adam didn't see if he could get prison issue underwear while he was touring the prison. (Of course it's possible that he did but it didn't make the episode).

After all, authentic prison issue would be a more accurate take on the myth than random cheap underwear.

Oh, and the plumbing pipe gun that we saw during the prison museum tour was pretty impressive.

·
As seen on TV
1,840 Posts
5thcrewman said:
Jamie's trip to the Undie Store was worth it all by itself!
Us San Francisco locals were laughing at their choice of shop - All American Boy on Castro street, right smack in the middle of the Castro gay district. It was great watching Jamie walk into the shop straight-faced. I was amazed they had plain old boxer shorts to sell him!

The Mythbusters headquarters is less than a half mile from my house, on the other side of the hill I live on. Sometimes it's really strange watching the show, because I recognize a lot of the places they go to. For instance, in the episode where they tested how to cool beer the quickest, they went to the Connecticut Yankee, a sports pub in my neighborhood that I walk past all the time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, they seem to be in the Castro a couple times per season. Jamie seems more at home than Adam, but then, Jamie seems at home everywhere on the planet.

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode, except for the Vodka Myths--continued. Zzzzzzz.

As for the plumbing parts gun: amazing!

I was really glad to see Adam win a competition for once. ;)

·
Not Entirely Current
44,376 Posts
jenhudson said:
Was anyone else thinking that prisoners would wear tighty whities? I wasn't sure on the boxers. They should have done tests with the other elastic as well, as it might have different properties.
They wear boxers in the places I am familiar with. Tighty whities are a little more likely to be used, sadly, to kill oneself by strangulation.

Or at least that's what I've been told.

·
Registered Snoozer
6,384 Posts
I noticed on the slowmo playback that Adam's crossbow bolts were severely buckling when they impacted the dummy. I bet they lost a lot of their energy and momentum because of that. If he'd stopped and looked at making them more rigid, he probably could have gotten some more force out of them.

Agreed about the Mythterns this week. What a waste of time. I also thought it was a very flawed experiment since tried only (at least on camera) five sprays of the vodka. Whose bum did they pull the number five from? Why not retry with ten?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.