TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the fire myths got old quick, but it was interesting to see them start a fire with ice.

I did noticed that Jamie's calculations for the plane myth assumed a two bladed prop, but the engine Adam got had a three bladed one. That by itself would have messed with the spacing of the slices on the other plane. I wonder why they didn't mention that.

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh. Then I guess I was the one who wasn't paying attention. I really thought he only double the RPM to get the blade rate...

Oops.

Well, I still think it would have looked more like the photo if they had used a two bladed propeller, as that would have increased the distance between strikes, and required a lower ground speed to replicate the damage.
As it was, they clearly didn't have the test rig running fast enough and the cuts were way too close together.

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course, due to the close spacing of the cuts on the test target, and the resulting tearing of the metal, it actually looked less like the photo than the chainsaw attempt. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.