TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question deleted.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why when I ask a question and clearly state that the answer is not A, the answer is not B and the answer is not C, that the responses I get are suggesting that A, B, or C are the answer. Then even after I make it clear again that C isn't the answer, someone comes along and suggests C as the answer. WTF?

I'd apologize for expecting more than that, but I can't.
I think it's just plain sad that so many educated adults outright refuse to actually think before they blurt out ignorance and that others feel the need to defend them.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Perhaps the Tivo has developed a mind of its own and has decided that the shows you record are crap and wants to watch something interesting?

Bout the best I can come up with :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do you have any wishlists? Check the show descriptions.

I have a wishlist for "Justice League" but I occasionally get a random episode of Judging Amy entitled "The Justice League of America".

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,142 Posts
Wishlist recordings would be stars, not yellow check marks.

I set up a wishlist for Cane+HD last week since it wasn't in the guide yet to set up a SP.

This morning it recorded Young and the Restless, but again it was a blue star, not a single yellow checkmark.

I was thinking something got messed up on the TiVo online scheduling and someone else's recording got sent to your TiVo, but aren't they iconed different than the yellow checkmark?

phox

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
A single check is a manual scheduling, right? That is, if you pick Record this Episode from the list in the program description; not an automatic recording but one someone picked specifically.

I don't know if that helps, but there seems to be some guessing about what a single check mark means. :D

--Katie

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
Your remote is somewhat flaky and is sending the occasional mis-command to the TiVo when you're not in the room? (An errant "Record" command will commit whatever is currently in the live buffer to disk as a recorded program).

Along the same lines, something else in the environment (another remote, perhaps) that the TiVo is mis-interpeting commands from?

Someone in your household is playing head games with you?

·
Love My TiVo!
1,341 Posts
I've had similar cases where single-check recordings were scheduled. It turns out they're from the CNET Guru Guide I subscribed to. For instance, today I found some kind of cooking show with a single-check in the To Do list. Neither the wife nor I had scheduled it. I checked the Guru Guide, and there it was. Do you have any Guru Guides set up?

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
My guess would be guru guides as well if you have those set up -- I've had the same "huh?" moment with guru guide recordings, and they do appear as a single checkmark but aren't labelled as stemming from a guru guide.

But, it seems like you refuse to consider that possibility, because you think you already know everything there is to know. I don't really understand why you are asking our opinion, actually, since you're unwilling to listen to anything anyone suggests. I know you are a longtime poster, but just as with newbies, people are a lot less likely to want to help you if you are incredibly rude to them.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
mick66 said:
tell me miss goody, how would you respond to people who suggest to you what you've already stated has been ruled out? not just the first person, but the second and third and fourth as well.
Well, not by insulting the people who are trying to help me, calling them idiots, and being sarcastic and rude about it. I'd probably start by thanking everyone who had posted, then reiterating the reasons I think their suggestions are missing the mark. There is nothing wrong with letting people know they are on the wrong track, but it's possible, and preferable, to do it in a polite and respectful way.

If several people suggested guru guides, for example, and I knew I'd never signed up for any, I'd say something like "That's a good suggestion about the guru guides, but since I never enabled that function on my TiVo, that can't be my problem." I wouldn't call people "dumb-ass stupid" and post head-banging icons and use gigantic fonts for my withering, dismissive, and sarcastic commentary. People are trying to help you, and there's just no need to be rude to them in return.

You catch more flies with honey, and all that. :)

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Since mick66 knows the answers to all, then why bother posting this in the first place? No matter what anyone says we are all wrong, and you are right....

So tell us Mr Expert what the Problem is, and how to fix it so we can all learn and be better prepared in case it happens to us...

Insulting people for trying to help will get you no where. In fact, all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool since you can not even tell us the answer to your problem :D

Have a nice evening :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
mick66 said:
Not that I expect anyone to have an explanation for this.

[Preface: I've been a TiVo user for 6 1/2 years and I know and understand how these things work and how they don't work as well as anyone [QUOTE.]

So then why don't you just tell us when you figure it out? You've made an a priori assertion that we don't know anyway.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Watch out Dawny, before too much longer he will be pointing out the mistakes in your Post, the spelling, mis-quotes etc etc.

Remember, we are all worthless and idiots in the eyes of our beloved Leader!

:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sherlock Holmes said, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Since you've eliminated guru guides, errant signals, online scheduling, wish lists, and, presumably, senile dementia, only one possibility remains. Kelsey Grammar has heard through the grapevine that you don't fancy his acting, and he's deliberately and stealthily snuck into your house when you're away, and programmed an episode of his show into your lineup. Alas, Mr. Grammar isn't handy with a TiVo, and his first scheduling attempt netted you "That '70s Show" as well. Mr. Grammar doesn't know where the Clear button on the TiVo remote is, so he wasn't able to delete that one.

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? No.

You're welcome, chum.......
...p.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
Have you ever shown someone you know how to schedule remotely? If so, maybe they are having fun with you and are doing remote scheduling (i.e., they could have watched you type in your ID/PW).......

Also, I would consider the possibility of updating your TiVo Account ID and PW in case someone has stolen your credentials.

·
Registered
578 Posts
wolflord11 said:
Watch out Dawny, before too much longer he will be pointing out the mistakes in your Post, the spelling, mis-quotes etc etc.

Remember, we are all worthless and idiots in the eyes of our beloved Leader!

I see the misquote, want to point out the other errors there wolflord? :) I'm at a loss . But don't worry, I'm relatively comfortable with being (seen as) an idiot.

·
Banned
5,777 Posts
My guess is a problem with the motherboard, errant signals internally are causing recordings to be set up. Either that or it's a ghost. Or maybe you drink too much and just don't remember scheduling those recordings when you got the late night Ashton Kusher/Kelsey Grammar cravings.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Dawny said:
I see the misquote, want to point out the other errors there wolflord? :) I'm at a loss . But don't worry, I'm relatively comfortable with being (seen as) an idiot.
To help you out before Mr mick yells at you: "You've made an a priori assertion"

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
WhiskeyTango said:
My guess is a problem with the motherboard, errant signals internally are causing recordings to be set up. Either that or it's a ghost. Or maybe you drink too much and just don't remember scheduling those recordings when you got the late night Ashton Kusher/Kelsey Grammar cravings.
There is the answer..... it is the drink which has caused the problems! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.