TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crimper
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on My TiVo today, and saw one of my favorite movies was playing. It was playing on HBOHD, which is great, because of the Surround Sound and lack of commercials and editing. I peeked at the recording lights and was a sad panda to see it was not being recorded. :(

I pressed the Info button on the remote, and confirmed that I had given this movie Two TiVo Thumbs up.

Weird. I wonder why, given that nothing else was being recorded at the time.

Ideas?

John

·
Registered abuser
14,222 Posts
Your TiVo has to calculate it has enough free space for a suggestion and the suggestion will hang around for a day or two. Besides, how would you expect it to record that movie when you have 120 channels with other stuff you might like....

If you want to record the movie, press record, options, view upcoming showings select it on the HBOHD channel.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Maybe check the listings next time? I would think the 2 thumbs up for a movie is more of a reason for Tivo NOT to record because it assumes you already watched it and uses the thumbs to find stuff that is similar to the things it knows you like, not the exact things you already watched.

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Thumbs up does not mean record this. Season passes, auto record wishlists, and the red button are for recording what you specifically want.

·
Crimper
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your TiVo has to calculate it has enough free space for a suggestion and the suggestion will hang around for a day or two. Besides, how would you expect it to record that movie when you have 120 channels with other stuff you might like....

If you want to record the movie, press record, options, view upcoming showings select it on the HBOHD channel.
I forget about that short-cut. I did end up doing a search to see that it was on again Tuesday, and set it up to record it then.

·
Crimper
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe check the listings next time? I would think the 2 thumbs up for a movie is more of a reason for Tivo NOT to record because it assumes you already watched it and uses the thumbs to find stuff that is similar to the things it knows you like, not the exact things you already watched.
I have TiVo so I don't -have- to check listings :)

I guess my thinking is along the lines of, "well, nothing is being recorded, this program is on a channel that the tuner is already tuned to -- what the heck, let's go ahead and record it for him..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.