TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tivo updated and now I no longer have Music and Photo option. Where'd it go?? I was not given a choice to update or not, it just updated and I no longer can access the Mp3s on my computer. This was one of the reasons I kept using Tivo and I am very unhappy. Now there seems no other reason to continue using Tivo when I can get it from my cable provider.

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
My Tivo updated and now I no longer have Music and Photo option. Where'd it go?? I was not given a choice to update or not, it just updated and I no longer can access the Mp3s on my computer. This was one of the reasons I kept using Tivo and I am very unhappy. Now there seems no other reason to continue using Tivo when I can get it from my cable provider.
What hardware? What were upgraded from and what were you upgraded to. (Excuse my sentence structure)

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,949 Posts
Do you have Tivo Desktop (or PyTivo) running on your computer?

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,949 Posts
I have been using Tivo Desktop. I had called support and they said the option of viewing music and photos is no longer available.
That is because Tivo Desktop is no longer supported, but it should still work. You may need to restart the Tivo desktop server, and/or the Tivo itself.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
It is a Series 4. I'm not sure of the software version.
I have been using Tivo Desktop. I had called support and they said the option of viewing music and photos is no longer available.
Check what version you are running as unless you upgraded to the new Hydra interface (which is very different from the traditional HD interface so you would know it and you have to opt in to that upgrade or purchase a VOX remote and update). They did move Music and Photos under Apps with the last 20.7.4 update though and as it should work unless you have a Roamio (bug that came back with 20.7.2).

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.