TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I control my system with a "universal remote" iPad running iRule software. It works very well. I would like to give my wife a similar remote, but Tivo only allows one network remote connected to the Tivo.

Is there any chance this will be changed in the future?

If not, could a Mac software guru create a Mac-based program that would receive the commands from two iRule remotes, stack them and retransmit them to the Tivo?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On using an intermediary, do you get to set the IP and Port# of the Tivo, or does it force you to use auto-discovery?

The easiest way to do this is to rewrite the driver on the remote. Is that opensource / viewable anywhere?
In iRule you set the IP address and port. The iRule software is not opensource.

I would suspect opening and closing the connection after every command would introduce a lag.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just checked back into this thread - WOW

That is exactly what I want, now I have an iPad, an iPhone, and an Android tablet that can all control the system - together.

Just one more thing (there always is) - would be nice if this could be started at system reboot.....

...and for less techy types, like myself, where do you put the .py files to avoid having to include the directory path in the command? ie my command at present is:-
python ~/Desktop/rproxy-0.4/rproxy.py -i

Many thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One issue, whenever the Tivo is restarted I have to reboot the Mac as well for the remotes to take effect, is there an easier way to maintain connection?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.