TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my daughter tries to record "The Hills" and another show on MTV with the season manager set on "new only", we get a listing of 6 or more programs to be recorded, usually in back-to-back order (9:00,9:30).
This only seems to happen on the MTV channel.

Is this a problem with our TIVO, or the networks problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
The problem is most likely that MTV isn't supplying detailed enough guide data, so TiVo doesn't know if it's first run or rerun. If it's just a generic episode title and description, it will pick it up as a new episode just to be safe, which is why you're getting to many. Both MTV and Comedy Central are bad about this.

You might want to check the MTV website and see what time and day they air new episodes, and set a manual recording. That's what I ended up doing with "Daily Show" on Comedy Central.

·
Go Pats
46,437 Posts
MickeS said:
The problem is most likely that MTV isn't supplying detailed enough guide data, so TiVo doesn't know if it's first run or rerun. If it's just a generic episode title and description, it will pick it up as a new episode just to be safe, which is why you're getting to many. Both MTV and Comedy Central are bad about this.

You might want to check the MTV website and see what time and day they air new episodes, and set a manual recording. That's what I ended up doing with "Daily Show" on Comedy Central.
yup MTV has horrible guide data, and pad your shows like 10 min

1 - 4 of 4 Posts