TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The guide listings for MSNBC today (08/11/2021) are hosed. Starting at 6:00 A.M. (eastern), it is listed as one gigantic 18-hour block of "To Be Announced" (the next thing with actual data and a show title is the 08/12 12:00 A.M. rerun of The Rachel Maddow Show). Anything set to record with a season pass during that time won't. I reported the problem, but I'm thinking by the time it is fixed, the day will be long over.

On the plus side, looking ahead in the listings, this is the only case of this problem, so Wednesday, August 11 is the outlier.

·
tabasco rules
15,952 Posts
i reported it days ago, but tivo doesn't seem to care their guide data is crap, or it causes customers to miss recordings.

how 'bout a $1,000 for a new dvr with commercials that misses recordings? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The guide listings for MSNBC today (08/11/2021) are hosed. Starting at 6:00 A.M. (eastern), it is listed as one gigantic 18-hour block of "To Be Announced" (the next thing with actual data and a show title is the 08/12 12:00 A.M. rerun of The Rachel Maddow Show). Anything set to record with a season pass during that time won't. I reported the problem, but I'm thinking by the time it is fixed, the day will be long over.

On the plus side, looking ahead in the listings, this is the only case of this problem, so Wednesday, August 11 is the outlier.
I am having the same issue, I didn't have time to resolve this am so just left it. I didn't realize the TBA was an 18 hour block. I restarted the TiVo and didn't resolve. Glad to see your post so I know it is not just me. I'll just wait til tomorrow and hope all is well. I stopped the 18 hour recording and deleted it. Then I pressed record on live tv and it started recording again so I guess my shows will be in the remaining 7 hour block.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed a similar gap on Fox News too. 1am to 9pm PT.

Fox Business has a gap just 5pm to 7pm.

Bloomberg has TBA gaps 2-3, 4-6 and 7-9.

Weather Channel 2-5.

But just noticed MSNBC SD schedule is fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to be some sort of issue with the news channels for some reason. FoxNews, FoxBusiness, MSNBC, and NewsNation all showing TBA as programming. Luckily I record my news shows based on time, not program! I manually connected to download programing but it didn't fix it.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,377 Posts
Also, every one of the night time talk shows (Colbert, Myers, etc) just list the generic info ("Seth Myers hosts a late-night talk show with guests"). Not a single guest listed. Been that way all week.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Also, every one of the night time talk shows (Colbert, Myers, etc) just list the generic info ("Seth Myers hosts a late-night talk show with guests"). Not a single guest listed. Been that way all week.
That was corrected on my schedule on Sunday. Nothing for Friday, but that's normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.