TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Dumb Blond
47,553 Posts
I binge-watched the whole series this past week and loved it. I was fascinated by the Pakistan (and Muslim) bits and did not care that it was not "superhero-y" enough. In fact, that probably contributed to my liking it better, as it had real story and character development rather than a series of CGI battles. Lots of humorous bits scattered throughout - I did notice Kamala waiting for the green light.

I was completely unfamiliar with this character and unaware of many of the cues to past movies/etc, but I didn't care. I knew Brie Larson would make an appearance in the final episode, but not how. Now I'm wondering what was supposed to be happening there.

·
I am Groot!
64,346 Posts
Now I'm wondering what was supposed to be happening there.
You're not alone there, we comic book geeks are a little puzzled as well. But it SEEMS to be a reference to
something that happened to an entirely different Captain Marvel (the Kree soldier turned spy turned superhero Mar-Vell, who was...you guessed it...a captain in the Kree army), when he got trapped in the Negative Zone (an alternate universe); his teenage sidekick Rick Jones had a pair of magic bracelets called the Nega-Bands, and when he would bash them together, he and Mar-Vell would trade places. Another bash by Mar-Vell, and they'd trade places again.

OK, weird, yeah, what can I say. It was the 60s. Comics were weird.

·
Premium Member
58,082 Posts
The Assembled making of Ms. Marvel is up on D+. I found it meh. I would have liked to see a lot more behind the scenes on how they made the show, and a little bit less of "OMG! A Muslim girl!" I understand that some is appropriate and necessary, but it seemed to be missing something.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,611 Posts
The directors of the first and final episodes of this show also did the Batgirl film that just got cancelled:

Wikipedia: Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah

·
I am Groot!
64,346 Posts
The Assembled making of Ms. Marvel is up on D+. I found it meh. I would have liked to see a lot more behind the scenes on how they made the show, and a little bit less of "OMG! A Muslim girl!" I understand that some is appropriate and necessary, but it seemed to be missing something.
It seemed weird to me that literally everybody called Ms Marvel "Miss Marvel"...

Really liked the show, however. The representation angle was central to the series, and I can see why they made it central to the making-of. It's hard to over-estimate how important that is to historically unrepresented people.

·
Premium Member
58,082 Posts
It seemed weird to me that literally everybody called Ms Marvel "Miss Marvel"...

Really liked the show, however. The representation angle was central to the series, and I can see why they made it central to the making-of. It's hard to over-estimate how important that is to historically unrepresented people.
Very true. I just wanted more of the "how we did this" tech. They could have just made it longer, I guess.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Enjoyed the series. It seemed like it was just getting started when it ended. Only six? Oh well, short but fun. Glad I'm not the only one confused by the ending. Guess we'll find out what it means when we find out.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts