TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
It's weird..

they took people who are mutants in comics and made them not-mutants in the movies because that was the only way

Now, they take a not-mutant in the comics [from what I am told] and make them a mutant in the movies because they can

EDIT: I have seen some of the X-Men movies.. But like once. The musical theme(s) wouldn't stand out to me like say "Star Wars" themes. But that's OK because "mutation" was enough :)

·
I am Groot!
63,798 Posts
I like the name origin/reveal

and I really really did not expect Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel herself to appear. Thought she was too much of a "big name" for a Disney + credit scene.
Oh, there was never a shred of doubt in my mind that she would appear. Given the Marvels movie coming up, plus Kamala's obsession with her.

And the way they did it, she didn't even have to show up. They could have just shot it wherever she was.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,514 Posts
That was a lot of fun. And weeks later, I'm still chuckling about the IlluminAunties.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,984 Posts
EDIT: I have seen some of the X-Men movies.. But like once. The musical theme(s) wouldn't stand out to me like say "Star Wars" themes. But that's OK because "mutation" was enough :)
X-Men ‘97 is Marvel’s shorthand way to refer to “X-Men: The Animated Series,” that aired as a part of the Fox Kids television block from 1992 to 1997, and will be continued with a forthcoming Disney+ relaunch. The theme from that show was considered quite iconic for fans of the show.

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
Oh, there was never a shred of doubt in my mind that she would appear. Given the Marvels movie coming up, plus Kamala's obsession with her.
I assumed Monica Rambeau would be the person that would show to link Ms. Marvel to the upcoming "The Marvels" movie

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
X-Men ‘97 is Marvel’s shorthand way to refer to “X-Men: The Animated Series,” that aired as a part of the Fox Kids television block from 1992 to 1997, and will be continued with a forthcoming Disney+ relaunch. The theme from that show was considered quite iconic for fans of the show.

doh... that would make it even harder for me. :D

·
TV MA SLV
27,977 Posts

And the way they did it, she didn't even have to show up. They could have just shot it wherever she was.
Brie has done a lot of extra curricular activity for Marvel this year. She was at the opening of Marvel Campus at Disney Paris. She's part of the Marvel videos on Disney cruiselines.

So yah, she seems like a sport to do these small cameos.

-smak-

·
Meh.
42,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I had to rewind to make sure I saw what I thought I saw when Kamala, as Ms. Marvel, waited for the traffic light to turn from red to green before continuing to light-hop across the city. I got a chuckle out of that.

Did this show's reveal of the thought process behind the Ms. Marvel name match what was in the comics?

I googled "embiggen" to see if it was a real word and was surprised to learn that it was first used on The Simpsons in 1996. I thought it would have been a Marvel invented word.

"Embiggen" has been added to a US dictionary - a word first heard on The Simpsons in 1996.
Merriam-Webster included the word, which has been popularised partly because of the comic Ms Marvel, among 850 new words and definitions.
It is from the motto of The Simpsons' fictional town of Springfield: "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."
It means to "make bigger or more expansive", says Merriam-Webster.

·
Meh.
42,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Here's a nice article about the music on Ms. Marvel, of which I didn't recognize a single song.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts