TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,086 Posts
Is it still verboten to say "mutant" in the MCU?

Mid-credits scene teaser for The Marvels.
It is not since Disney purchased Fox.

I really enjoyed that. My favorite series finale of the MCU TV series. I'm fine with the change to make her a mutant instead of an Inhuman. Also fine with her and this Captain Marvel switching places because the bangle is going to be a megaband.

Finale was really well done.

Only complaint is that the D+ MCU series are two short. This could have used two more episodes. I'd like to see her as fully Ms. Marvel doing superhero things before the big bad showdown.

·
Cat God
17,933 Posts
I felt the finale was a bit underwhelming. Half of it felt like I was like watching Home Alone.

I’m not sure why they changed Kamala’s powers, but then tried to do an Embiggen using light.

Also creating light steps and running has got to be the worst way of traveling anywhere. It’s basically just running, so it will take forever to get anywhere. As opposed to say enlarging and running or swinging.

·
Premium Member
58,086 Posts
That doesn't mean that she's an X-man. It was just a wink to the audience that they are bringing mutants into the MCU. Inhumans would be too much in addition to mutants, gods, and all the other cosmic stuff they're brining in.

·
I am Groot!
64,398 Posts
That doesn't mean that she's an X-man. It was just a wink to the audience that they are bringing mutants into the MCU. Inhumans would be too much in addition to mutants, gods, and all the other cosmic stuff they're bringing in.
Well, Inhumans are already there (although we'd maybe prefer to forget it). Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Strange, and of course The Inhumans.

That said, Bruno could have been seeing Inhuman markers without realizing that's what they were.

·
Meh.
43,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
As mentioned a little further upthread, this series seemed more like a Disney superhero show than a Marvel superhero show. I really appreciated the Pakistani culture and history parts of it but I would have preferred more superhero stuff. But then again, I'm not the biggest fan of extended origin stories.

Ms. Marvel seems like she's going to be a family friendly superhero but I would have cheered if she had killed the crap out of that Damage Control lady. I also wonder how her seemingly family friendliness will transfer to the Marvels movie. Will that be a more comedic venture?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Also creating light steps and running has got to be the worst way of traveling anywhere. It’s basically just running, so it will take forever to get anywhere. As opposed to say enlarging and running or swinging.
That's what I was thinking, she's just hopping around a little higher up than street level. Maybe she'll do some kind of Frozone type of getting around later.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,090 Posts
Don't feel bad.. I also thought that when Bruno said here genes had a mutation.

I figured

Person with mutation == Mutant
Mutant == X-Men[people]
Yeah, essentially. The word “mutant” is essentially synonymous with the X-Men universe in the MCU, given that until the 20th Century-Disney merger, 20th had exclusive rights to the word “mutant.” (Inhumans were basically a stand-in for mutants in the interim.)

Again, the X-Men ‘97 cue at that moment in conjunction with the glaring use of the word mutant is a dead giveaway that they’re leading in that direction.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts