TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,620 Posts
So many funny little true-to-life Asian moments. Like when the airplane is about to land and the fasten seatbelt light comes on, so of course half the passengers stand up to grab their bags out of the overhead bins early, while the flight attendants keep telling them to sit down.

Reactions: Turtleboy

·
Meh.
43,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It seemed odd to me that Kamala and her mom would just pick up and go to Pakistan on a moment's notice, in the middle of a school year and for the simple stated reason that the grandmother is old.

Being a typical dumb American, I was surprised at Karachi's modern skyline.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
While I’m happy to have shows like this (and things like Obi-Wan Kenobi), they’re starting to feel small.

Not small in the story they’re trying to tell (ambition) but small in production.

I couldn’t help but think the chase scene thru the streets would have been so much more epic in a feature film. (I thought the same during Moon Knight’s mountain roadside scene and during some lightsaber battles of Kenobi)

I am just starting to feel less like “oh wow! This character gets their own show!” and instead feeling like “oh, too bad this character only gets a show”.

Do I have MCU TV show fatigue already?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I couldn’t help but think the chase scene thru the streets would have been so much more epic in a feature film. (I thought the same during Moon Knight’s mountain roadside scene and during some lightsaber battles of Kenobi)
You're right they would be more epic in a feature film, for sure. I'm not positive what it is, but the chases in these series definitely suffer from something. Regular tv shows get away with smaller budgets and better chase scenes. The one in this felt like the people being chased were waiting for the chasers to catch up and get in frame a lot. The chase in Kenobi was like me play chasing my 5 year old and "trying" not to catch him.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Well, she is a big part of The Marvels. Scarlett Witch was a big part of Dr Strange. There's going to be a Captain America movie with Sam Wilson.

So these shows can lead to something bigger.

-smak-
Is Ms Marvel a big part of The Marvels? I didn’t know that, but I hope so. That’d be great.

But would she be the only one who STARTED as D+ and then went to feature film?

·
wait.. I did what?
15,135 Posts
Well, she is a big part of The Marvels. Scarlett Witch was a big part of Dr Strange. There's going to be a Captain America movie with Sam Wilson.
Please keep TV Talk spoiler rules in mind when having this discussion, items from outside of episodes shown are always considered spoilers and should be tagged as such.
I'mnot saying I care, but we should always be courteous to others who expect the sub-forum rules to be followed

Reactions: heySkippy

·
Meh.
43,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I really like the Pakistan/India Partition history parts of the show but it's almost as if this series' creators forgot that this is a superhero show. There have been five episodes so far and do we even know who/what the Big Bad is yet? I don't see how next week's finale can not end on a cliffhanger since there seems to be so much that still needs to get done.

·
I am Groot!
64,382 Posts
I really like the Pakistan/India Partition history parts of the show but it's almost as if this series' creators forgot that this is a superhero show. There have been five episodes so far and do we even know who/what the Big Bad is yet? I don't see how next week's finale can not end on a cliffhanger since there seems to be so much that still needs to get done.
Well, the ClanDestine has been dealt with, so all that's left is Damage Control...

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I'm not sure there will be a Big Bad. This is more a young superhero-to-be finds her place in the world show. And it's really a Disney show more than a Marvel show (plot wise). So there are some minor bad's to not so much overcome, they exist as bumps in the road of her journey.

All that's really left is for her in this show is to find out that cute guy now has green light powers, that DoDC is after him, have a small fight (or conversation) with them, and goes she back to her life, family, and nightlights as a superhero with renewed self confidence. That's about par for the course in a Disney kid-with-powers story.

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
Yes, 100%. Great drama, but not much superheroing. I am not sure why after every penultimate episode of these shows, we always think there's way too much to cram into the last episode.

-smak-

·
Meh.
43,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I'm not sure there will be a Big Bad. This is more a young superhero-to-be finds her place in the world show. And it's really a Disney show more than a Marvel show (plot wise). So there are some minor bad's to not so much overcome, they exist as bumps in the road of her journey.

All that's really left is for her in this show is to find out that cute guy now has green light powers, that DoDC is after him, have a small fight (or conversation) with them, and goes she back to her life, family, and nightlights as a superhero with renewed self confidence. That's about par for the course in a Disney kid-with-powers story.
Yeah but...
Ms. Marvel is supposed to have some connection with Captain Marvel in an upcoming movie. Kamala needs to get more non-Disney+ superhero-y in a hurry in order to face the bad guys in Captain Marvel's league.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts