TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
The casting of the young heroes in these last few Disney+ series has been 100% on point.

She's Great.

Xochitl Gomez is great.

Obviously Hailee Steinfeld has always been great.

-smak-

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
I thought the second episode was somewhat of a letdown compared to the first one. This is another example of why I tend to not like superhero origin stories that much. It takes too long to get to the butt kicking parts. The best part was when the guy called her Nite Lite. That gave me a chuckle. The term "Illuminaunties" was cool too.
I think this one was a little too long. There's a balance between superhero origin and home life, and this one had a bit too much of the latter.

I'm assuming the superhero butt kicking parts will go up a notch now.

-smak-

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
I'm probably the only one here who watches the silly D+ series Ultra Violet and the Black Scorpion but the lead actress (Scarlett Estevez) in that series is like Iman Vellani in that she's another one of these young Disney actresses with huge personalities who were born for comedic roles.
Yah, that's another thing, they all have great personalities.

I'm laughing at Xochitl. She's living her best life, she's going to every premiere. She was at the No Way Home premiere, obviously the Dr Strange Premiere.

She was at the Ms Marvel Premiere, also the Lightyear Premiere.

Why not.

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
I really like the Pakistan/India Partition history parts of the show but it's almost as if this series' creators forgot that this is a superhero show. There have been five episodes so far and do we even know who/what the Big Bad is yet? I don't see how next week's finale can not end on a cliffhanger since there seems to be so much that still needs to get done.
Yes, 100%. Great drama, but not much superheroing. I am not sure why after every penultimate episode of these shows, we always think there's way too much to cram into the last episode.

-smak-

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
Oh, there was never a shred of doubt in my mind that she would appear. Given the Marvels movie coming up, plus Kamala's obsession with her.

And the way they did it, she didn't even have to show up. They could have just shot it wherever she was.
Brie has done a lot of extra curricular activity for Marvel this year. She was at the opening of Marvel Campus at Disney Paris. She's part of the Marvel videos on Disney cruiselines.

So yah, she seems like a sport to do these small cameos.

-smak-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts