TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,090 Posts
I’m finding all the stuff about Partition fascinating. It’s clearly a life-changing event for Indians and Pakistani, but for most others so little talked about it may as well be a non-event. Frankly, if not for this and the episode of “Doctor Who” from the first series with Jodie Whittaker, I probably still would have never heard of it.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,090 Posts
Don't feel bad.. I also thought that when Bruno said here genes had a mutation.

I figured

Person with mutation == Mutant
Mutant == X-Men[people]
Yeah, essentially. The word “mutant” is essentially synonymous with the X-Men universe in the MCU, given that until the 20th Century-Disney merger, 20th had exclusive rights to the word “mutant.” (Inhumans were basically a stand-in for mutants in the interim.)

Again, the X-Men ‘97 cue at that moment in conjunction with the glaring use of the word mutant is a dead giveaway that they’re leading in that direction.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
42,090 Posts
EDIT: I have seen some of the X-Men movies.. But like once. The musical theme(s) wouldn't stand out to me like say "Star Wars" themes. But that's OK because "mutation" was enough :)
X-Men ‘97 is Marvel’s shorthand way to refer to “X-Men: The Animated Series,” that aired as a part of the Fox Kids television block from 1992 to 1997, and will be continued with a forthcoming Disney+ relaunch. The theme from that show was considered quite iconic for fans of the show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts