TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Is it still verboten to say "mutant" in the MCU?

Mid-credits scene teaser for The Marvels.
It is not since Disney purchased Fox.

I really enjoyed that. My favorite series finale of the MCU TV series. I'm fine with the change to make her a mutant instead of an Inhuman. Also fine with her and this Captain Marvel switching places because the bangle is going to be a megaband.

Finale was really well done.

Only complaint is that the D+ MCU series are two short. This could have used two more episodes. I'd like to see her as fully Ms. Marvel doing superhero things before the big bad showdown.

Premium Member
That doesn't mean that she's an X-man. It was just a wink to the audience that they are bringing mutants into the MCU. Inhumans would be too much in addition to mutants, gods, and all the other cosmic stuff they're brining in.

Premium Member
The Assembled making of Ms. Marvel is up on D+. I found it meh. I would have liked to see a lot more behind the scenes on how they made the show, and a little bit less of "OMG! A Muslim girl!" I understand that some is appropriate and necessary, but it seemed to be missing something.

Premium Member
It seemed weird to me that literally everybody called Ms Marvel "Miss Marvel"...

Really liked the show, however. The representation angle was central to the series, and I can see why they made it central to the making-of. It's hard to over-estimate how important that is to historically unrepresented people.
Very true. I just wanted more of the "how we did this" tech. They could have just made it longer, I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts