TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I thought this was mostly fun. A little slow to start but it picked up a lot. Tho, how did that girl not get hurt from that giant hammer?
I think that was the signal we're in a lighthearted for-kids Disney physics setting. I expect people to be bouncing off of all sorts of things unharmed going forward.

Because yah, my first thought when she was struck was "well, this got dark quickly!".

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I think this one was a little too long. There's a balance between superhero origin and home life, and this one had a bit too much of the latter.
Yah, I zoned out in the middle. It was fine in principal, but it dragged on, and the family conversations weren't worth the occasional 5 seconds of dialog implying that there was something unusual about her grandmother (which we all knew/suspected anyway). But the beginning and the end were fine. Trim up the middle, and it's a perfectly reasonable episode.

What? The cute cool boy that you like, and might like you, has a secret agenda? (Or, er, his mother has a secret agenda?) In a young adult superhero show? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
When was DC in the MCU previous as the cleanup crew? I don’t recall…
I mostly remember them from Spiderman: Homecoming, their takeover of cleanup is what put the other alien tech salvage operations (such as the one Michael Keaton ran) out of business. And there were offhand comments about cleaning up after other incidents as well.

And then in the beginning of Spiderman: No Way Home of course they're giving Peter a hard time. Whether you call that cleanup, or enforcement, hard to say.

The rest of their 'history' gets all tangled up in which parts of Agents of Shield is MCU or canonical or not....

But this is the first time we've seen them basically playing the role of Enhanced People Hunters.

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
And I enjoyed this one, (not that I didn't enjoy the others, but I had notes on the flow of Ep 2, and I felt Ep 3 flowed just fine).

"What's up with your knee?"
"You know when you bump into a drone, fall off a truck, and don't feel it till later?"

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I really like the Pakistan/India Partition history parts of the show but it's almost as if this series' creators forgot that this is a superhero show. There have been five episodes so far and do we even know who/what the Big Bad is yet? I don't see how next week's finale can not end on a cliffhanger since there seems to be so much that still needs to get done.
I'm not sure there will be a Big Bad. This is more a young superhero-to-be finds her place in the world show. And it's really a Disney show more than a Marvel show (plot wise). So there are some minor bad's to not so much overcome, they exist as bumps in the road of her journey.

All that's really left is for her in this show is to find out that cute guy now has green light powers, that DoDC is after him, have a small fight (or conversation) with them, and goes she back to her life, family, and nightlights as a superhero with renewed self confidence. That's about par for the course in a Disney kid-with-powers story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts