TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
That credits scene was the only thing about this episode that I didn't like. Not because of the content but because I had no idea that there would be a credits scene and would have missed it if I hadn't noticed that there were about six minutes left when the credits started. I was just about ready to press the exit button on the remote but decided to fast forward through the credits just on the off chance that there might be something there.
One cool thing Disney does is they don't put up the little boxes with other content at the bottom of the screen until all the content has appeared.

But they count story-related graphics as content, so it's not completely reliable.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
Really enjoyed the episode. Kind of surprised if the mom knows about the power of the bracelet, that she'd just want to stash it unprotected in the attic. I wonder if the bracelet led to unsavory things for previous generations.
Perhaps she associates it with her mother's disgrace (from her perspective, anyway; she seems to take disgrace rather easily) without knowing the details..? In which case she would want it out of sight so it won't remind her, but wouldn't realize the danger (again, from her narrow perspective) it poses.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
That wasn't an issue for me. On principle I would be inclined to agree, but in this case the Jersey City Pakistani-American community, which is quite alien to me, is so important to the show I can see why they would want to spend a lot of time acclimating us to it. And the whole cast is so charming (with Iman/Kamala x10) and the milieu interesting enough that they carried me past any impatience I might normally have felt.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
I didn't quite understand why evil djinn lady decided to crash the wedding ceremony to steal the gauntlet while possibly murdering and wounding many when she could have just waited until the next day, invite Kamala over for another gauntlet history lesson and unexpectedly bop her upside the head and take the gauntlet from her then. It would have been much easier and quieter. Other than that, I liked the episode.
From what they were saying, it sounds like for whatever reason they're in a blinding hurry. I can't remember the exact wording, but the mother told the son that they couldn't wait. It sounds like there might be some kind of deadline that we're not aware of yet? Either that, or even after centuries of life they still haven't learned the art of delayed gratification... ;)

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
The weird thing is that Damage Control in the MCU used to be the same as in the comics...i.e., a company (in the MCU, a government agency) that cleans up the aftermath of super-hero battles. But now suddenly it's morphed into a law enforcement agency of some kind.

Speaking of DC, I wonder if that's why the Djinn are in such a hurry...because DC is onto them, and after them, and now Kamala has brought attention too close to them. So now they feel the time has come to get out of Dodge (or the MCU Earth) as quickly as possible. And from this episode it would appear that as much as they rushed they were still too late...although I assume they will quickly escape or be rescued from DC custody.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
I'm pretty sure they were in Agents of SHIELD before it started splitting off new timelines...

In Spider-Man: Homecoming, they explicitly said they were set up to do clean-up after the Battle of New York (from the first Avengers movie).

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
Is it just me or did Kamala's Red Dagger vest keep changing colors. It looked green when she first got it and again on the partition train, but it looked blue during the chase and fight scenes.
I think it might have been the lighting...it was blue in the outdoor/daylight scenes, and green under artificial light, IIRC.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
I really like the Pakistan/India Partition history parts of the show but it's almost as if this series' creators forgot that this is a superhero show. There have been five episodes so far and do we even know who/what the Big Bad is yet? I don't see how next week's finale can not end on a cliffhanger since there seems to be so much that still needs to get done.
Well, the ClanDestine has been dealt with, so all that's left is Damage Control...

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
That doesn't mean that she's an X-man. It was just a wink to the audience that they are bringing mutants into the MCU. Inhumans would be too much in addition to mutants, gods, and all the other cosmic stuff they're bringing in.
Well, Inhumans are already there (although we'd maybe prefer to forget it). Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Strange, and of course The Inhumans.

That said, Bruno could have been seeing Inhuman markers without realizing that's what they were.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
I like the name origin/reveal

and I really really did not expect Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel herself to appear. Thought she was too much of a "big name" for a Disney + credit scene.
Oh, there was never a shred of doubt in my mind that she would appear. Given the Marvels movie coming up, plus Kamala's obsession with her.

And the way they did it, she didn't even have to show up. They could have just shot it wherever she was.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
Now I'm wondering what was supposed to be happening there.
You're not alone there, we comic book geeks are a little puzzled as well. But it SEEMS to be a reference to
something that happened to an entirely different Captain Marvel (the Kree soldier turned spy turned superhero Mar-Vell, who was...you guessed it...a captain in the Kree army), when he got trapped in the Negative Zone (an alternate universe); his teenage sidekick Rick Jones had a pair of magic bracelets called the Nega-Bands, and when he would bash them together, he and Mar-Vell would trade places. Another bash by Mar-Vell, and they'd trade places again.

OK, weird, yeah, what can I say. It was the 60s. Comics were weird.

·
I am Groot!
64,394 Posts
The Assembled making of Ms. Marvel is up on D+. I found it meh. I would have liked to see a lot more behind the scenes on how they made the show, and a little bit less of "OMG! A Muslim girl!" I understand that some is appropriate and necessary, but it seemed to be missing something.
It seemed weird to me that literally everybody called Ms Marvel "Miss Marvel"...

Really liked the show, however. The representation angle was central to the series, and I can see why they made it central to the making-of. It's hard to over-estimate how important that is to historically unrepresented people.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts