TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· I wanna Rock
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. You'd think that with the pedigree of these writers, they could actually write something funny. Or at least, humorous. Or, maybe less mundane.

I hope that if this show tanks, Andrea Anders and Hurley can find other gigs.

· Registered
17,712 Posts
I've been giving this show a chance, but finally gave up after last night. If it's been this flat for 4 episodes I feel I've given it a fair chance.

I was excited when I saw the cast, but it's just been a disappointment.

· Registered
8,390 Posts
I've been giving this show a chance, but finally gave up after last night. If it's been this flat for 4 episodes I feel I've given it a fair chance.

I was excited when I saw the cast, but it's just been a disappointment.
I've got 3 or 4 queued up. the first couple I saw were not good. Maybe I expected too much.

I'm not deleting them (yet) but I'm in no hurry to catch up either.

· LOAD"*",8,1
35,576 Posts
The oddest part about this episode was that the entire cold open, the audio was out of sync by about a half second, maybe a bit less, from the video. Once they went to commercial break and came back, it was fine. It was severely distracting... it was like a badly done overdubbed film.

· TV-holic, improving
1,824 Posts
The show is doing fine so far. And Jorge Garcia is just a guest star; he's already signed to do JJ Abrams's Alcatraz next season.
Keep in mind though that none of the current round of pilots have been picked up yet, and Abrams is actually working on 2 for the fall season (Alcatraz and Person of Interest). The latter features Michael Emerson, and if I had to chose between Hurley and Linus, I'd chose Linus.

· Registered
13,223 Posts
I so wanted to like this show, but am so disappointed. I love the cast, but not the characters. The writing is so weak in my opinion.

My wife and I are ready to call it quits on this show.

· Coney Island Small
26,783 Posts
I like his humor, so I'm going to give it some more time. Perhaps it will hit its stride.

I do have a related request for all casting agents though. PLEASE stop hiring THIS guy:

He's not funny. He's never been funny. In anything. He's annoying. Stop hiring him.

· Registered
10,944 Posts
I like his humor, so I'm going to give it some more time. Perhaps it will hit its stride.

I do have a related request for all casting agents though. PLEASE stop hiring THIS guy:

He's not funny. He's never been funny. In anything. He's annoying. Stop hiring him.
For those of you that don't want to fight to get the image to work and figure out who he is referring to, it's Nate Torrence.

tk

· I've got Jewbs!
2,393 Posts
For those of you that don't want to fight to get the image to work and figure out who he is referring to, it's Nate Torrence.

tk
Just checked it out-I see he was in "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (watched that show, don't remember him) and a Capital One commercial-hate every one of those, I think that's where I remember him from! ;):p

He was also on "Street Smarts!" LOL! :D

· Banned
21,195 Posts

A bit harsh. He was mildly amusing in Get Smart. But, certainly not funny here. Just lame.

The flash card names and mnemonics were funny. But, as soon as they were insulting, you knew they would be found out. That's my single biggest problem. Every joke is so telegraphed that by the time they get there you're way ahead and it's not nearly as funny. When there are so few jokes, you can't waste em.

· All About Footwork
29,899 Posts
I remembered him from Studio 60. His unfunnyness made me wonder who he knows to keep getting hired. He must be Aaron Sorkin's nephew or something.
actually, he's Allison Janney's son ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.