TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
It's weird in that I watch quite a bit of TV and I don't think my DVR has been below 50% in ages, maybe since my first DirecTV Tivo. I have the standard 1TB HD in my HR54, so it's not like I have a giant external HD attached. The only time the DVR fills up even down below 75% is when I go away and stuff piles up (or in October when I'm watching a lot of post season baseball). But I also don't save a lot of shows. After I watch I delete. I have a couple of old games and a couple of music concerts saved, and I think the last episodes of The Americans and The Big Bang Theory on there (and haven't gone back to watch them since they aired). But I also don't have any auto records set based on "likes". Just what I have set up on my Season Passes.
I'm similar but my drives are often free a lot as I use my dvr as a to watch list. If I want to keep something, I get it on dvd or stream or my Plex server.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
But I also don't save a lot of shows. After I watch I delete.
That's how it is for me.

There's just more stuff on than I have time to watch and I've been trying to get rid of it. I never expected my Bolt to get full.

I was going to buy a new Bolt because it would have the software that lets me do things the way my Roamio does, but I need a TV to hook it up to. I don't like the TV I had to buy for the first Bolt.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I delete things based upon how full my Dvr is. Especially since there are so many ways to go back and watch stuff.
I have to assume any episode of "Jeopardy" aired since Alex announced he had cancer I have seen, with one exception where I found everything online that had happened on the episode.

That still didn't get me enough below 100 percent. I still have to get rid of six hour-long episodes and "Superstore". I can click on "watch a service" on the web site of the church whose services I watched on TV during the early days of the pandemic. I assume that will get me any service. I have no reason to watch since my church went back to in-person services outdoors, except I did like hearing the hymns with the organ and socially distanced choir. We can't sing yet, though whoever is doing recorded music finally started doing hymns with an organ instead of "praise and worship".

·
Registered
25,602 Posts
My Tivos are almost always AT 100%.. at least that's what it says.. Currently my Roamio is at 100% but still has 22 suggestions, including some HD suggestions. So if it says 100% AND it only has a couple of suggestions, THEN I get really worried.

I think I've started fewer new shows this year (and for ones that I can, I record in SD 'as backup' and watch them on Hulu or wherever without commercials.. I still like having the TiVo recording since then I download the metadata file to keep as a 'I saw this episode'..)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Bolt was at 99 but I downloaded some episodes twice. I deleted them and now I'm at 98. I think those church services will have to go because I spend way too much time on the computer.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,819 Posts
My Tivos are almost always AT 100%.. at least that's what it says.. Currently my Roamio is at 100% but still has 22 suggestions, including some HD suggestions. So if it says 100% AND it only has a couple of suggestions, THEN I get really worried.

I think I've started fewer new shows this year (and for ones that I can, I record in SD 'as backup' and watch them on Hulu or wherever without commercials.. I still like having the TiVo recording since then I download the metadata file to keep as a 'I saw this episode'..)
And I think that's part of the issue. I turned off suggestions years ago. That's why my DVR is never full. I don't need an algorithm guessing what I should be watching.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
And I think that's part of the issue. I turned off suggestions years ago. That's why my DVR is never full. I don't need an algorithm guessing what I should be watching.
I think the suggestions are being used to more accurately know how much room is left. The suggestions don't count as part of the percentage full meter so even when it says 100% if there are several hours of suggestions, you can count on those to be deleted before it touches the requested
programs.

·
Registered
25,602 Posts
yes, I am not watching any of the suggestions, I'm using them as a "let me get even closer to the real 100%" gauge.

(I *semi* seriously pay attention to the to do list on my tivos, so rarely is a lot of space taken by unexpected recordings. Though there's a bunch of "Mysteries of the Abandoned" episodes recording tomorrow and I have to see which ones I've actually seen and cancel those -- despite having 100% full Tivo, I DID end up finding a bunch of weird/interesting documentary series over long xmas break or other recent times.)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Well, I'm glad THAT'S over. I did like the scenes with The Mayor and his daughter. I'm glad she was wearing her short skirt even though school was closed.

Also, I liked Jayden's answers to questions about grandparents.

And the "30 Rock" style music. Everything else in the episode that some might call music wasn't.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,967 Posts
Holly Hunter just ruins this show for me. If it gets renewed, I may not return to it, as much as I love Ted Danson.
I definitely hate her character. But during this last episode I realized that's exactly what they're going for. She's the foil that creates the comedy. She's unintentionally hilarious (unintentional within the show, obviously it's intended as comedy from the writers).

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,146 Posts
I definitely hate her character. But during this last episode I realized that's exactly what they're going for. She's the foil that creates the comedy. She's unintentionally hilarious (unintentional within the show, obviously it's intended as comedy from the writers).
I get all that but she's not entertaining to me at all. I cringe when she's on screen.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,819 Posts
She's kind of like Sheldon on TBBT. You hate all his foibles, and he's generally an unlikable guy. But in his mind he's well intentioned. That's what Holly's character is. She thinks she's well intentioned, her side of things are right, and you need her to be the foil to Ted's less than by the book approach. She's his foil.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
What's interesting is how polarizing Bobby Moynihan's character is (Jayden Kwapis). If you read the responses on various big TV forum (TVLine, THR, etc) , half love him, half hate him.

121 - 140 of 214 Posts