TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
As a native, the show came across to me as a native New Yorker's idea of what Los Angeles is like.
Now that can be funny but it seemed to me that too much of the time, Fey and Carlock were unable to pull it off.
Or, a lot of the jokes just didn't land.
Certainly that's the perspective. It's all the SoCal stereotypes they talked about. It was also the type of stereotypes that when I lived in San Diego we used to make fun of LA about.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I haven't watched one yet but I hear there was a murder mystery. Please tell me it was Jayden. I already know from watching "This Is Us" that Arpi was still there.
Watched another one. Jayden could have been fired. But the cute chief of staff came to his defense.

I was more interested in Orly going to the DMV. I knew a city mayor couldn't do anything about a state office.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The mayor took some of his employees to play golf and then agreed to listen to one idea from each of them. Jayden had the one good idea.

Orly was so funny when she thought he had gotten someone pregnant.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I saw the episode where there were problems with the electricity. Someone explain to me how Jayden is eating everything in the refrigerator when the power is back on, meaning there's no need to.

And Fran Drescher is dating The Mayor. She plays an actress who talks normally, though in "real life" she still has a New York City accent of some kind.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,364 Posts
I saw the episode where there were problems with the electricity. Someone explain to me how Jayden is eating everything in the refrigerator when the power is back on, meaning there's no need to.

And Fran Drescher is dating The Mayor. She plays an actress who talks normally, though in "real life" she still has a New York City accent of some kind.
That wasn't Fran Drescher. That was Mary Steenburgen, who is Ted Danson's real-life wife.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,364 Posts
You guys are correct. I could have sworn the eating from the fridge thing was in the episode with Jayden’s party, but the episode summaries on IMDb beg to differ. 😄

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Fran Drescher was in S2E3 "Trampage" and Mary Steenburgen was in S2E7 "Murder in the Old West".
I haven't seen that one yet but I'm glad to hear they'll be on together. Yes, I've known they are married for a long time.

The trash can episode may have been the best one yet. I actually laughed at Jayden for a change, mainly when he couldn't remember his boss' name.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I discovered over the weekend I still have two episodes of "The Good Place" to watch.

Ted Danson has always been basically a good guy except in "Becker", but not squeaky clean like Woody Harrelson. It's weird to see Woody playing these complete jerks in movies.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The episode with the mayors was really good. Mainly because of the people that were believed to be mayors but weren't.

The pink limo looked great.

Mikaela's love life interests me not in the least.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Bobby was on "Pyramid". They witch partners and one of his was a math teacher whose students say those are trapezoids. I asked on a web site and was told that's a frustum.

They do essentially two half-hour episodes and the other half of the hour-long episode had two rappers whose partners might as well have been rappers. Good choices. Okay, the one guy was at least African-American but kind of uptight compared to the other one.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts