TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,804 Posts
Honestly I don't know why I keep watching this show. Probably because I like Ted Danson, but it's been mostly horrible. This past episode however, was pretty decent so maybe the show could be hitting it's stride? I'll keep watching for now.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,804 Posts
I actually thought the last two episodes were better, but yeah, not as good as this show could have potentially been. It might have been one of those shows you would appreciate better if you lived in LA, or enjoy people spoofing the SoCal lifestyle. Otherwise, I don't see the appear for anyone else.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
The one where the mayor gets his daughter a job looks good. If I can figure out which one it is I'm going to watch it.
Not as good as I had hoped.

All the good parts were in the commercial. Okay, not true. She had a conversation with her father and found out she could actually be treated fairly.

I was thinking she was smarter and more crafty, but I wonder if I'm remembering her "Speechless" character. Now she was really something.

Orly's mom was really pretty.

The girl who went out partying and fell asleep was wearing the prettiest outfit when she did. And I liked the color of her jacket the next day.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Another terrible mess. The good parts were in the commercial. The girl was on her phone while driving and ran into The Mayor.

Now I really like him, but it's all the other people who are the problem.

Orly was so excited to meet a celebrity and then her father has to go and mess it up.

I like The Mayor and Orly, and the "30 Rock" style music, and the outfits the female employee wears.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Still not caught up, but I did watch the finale because it looked good.

The old man looked familiar and I finally realized. He's the cop from "Sanford and Son" and I've seen him in a few other roles. He's still got it!

Mikaela is her name. she continued to wear such pretty clothes.

I thought finally Holly Hunter was going to be cute again but I only got a brief look when she was transformed. Actually, her hair looked good but her face was the same. And she just ended up being annoying.

I still like The Mayor.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I haven't seen any more episodes but Bobby Moynihan's fantasy girl in a better TV series died under circumstances that could get someone in trouble. The actress, however, played the character when John Larroquette played the Bobby Moynihan role, and she was quite likable there. She was so nasty in the other role that I think we were all happy to see her die.

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
I really didn't enjoy the show, either. I watched for Ted Danson.

The AntennaTV channel just had a marathon of 'Becker' yesterday. I watched several of those and recorded some more. I've been picking up 'Cheers' again, since it has returned to Hallmark and was dismayed that they cut out the last 3 or 4 episodes, and then started again w/S01, E01. What the heck!

I'd like to see Danson with another new sitcom.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,343 Posts

The AntennaTV channel just had a marathon of 'Becker' yesterday. I watched several of those and recorded some more. I've been picking up 'Cheers' again, since it has returned to Hallmark and was dismayed that they cut out the last 3 or 4 episodes, and then started again w/S01, E01. What the heck!

I'd like to see Danson with another new sitcom.
Hopefully you already watched The Good Place, but if you didn't, you have a real treat ahead of you.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

The AntennaTV channel just had a marathon of 'Becker' yesterday.
I didn't think I could dislike Ted Danson, but I sure could.

And my CBS affiliate liked that show so much they would pre-empt perfectly good CBS shows to air that instead.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,867 Posts
While I did watch it, I didn't care for this show. That being said, I thought the show was finally finding its footing in the last 4 or 5 episodes. I was actually starting to like it.

·
Series 3
32,377 Posts
I actually thought the last two episodes were better, but yeah, not as good as this show could have potentially been. It might have been one of those shows you would appreciate better if you lived in LA, or enjoy people spoofing the SoCal lifestyle. Otherwise, I don't see the appear for anyone else.

As a native, the show came across to me as a native New Yorker's idea of what Los Angeles is like.
Now that can be funny but it seemed to me that too much of the time, Fey and Carlock were unable to pull it off.
Or, a lot of the jokes just didn't land.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts