TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,352 Posts
I only watched the pilot so far, but thought it was funny. I realized I think I've liked all of Danson's shows (to differing degrees).

I also JUST realized who the assistant guy is -- he was the 'middle aged' guy in that show who had kid/middle age/old (played by John Laroquette). I kept meaning to look him up on imdb but just remembered.

·
Registered
26,352 Posts
I feel pretty much the same. "Becker" was the exception and I never had any reason to watch "CSI".
You mean you DIDN'T like Becker? that's funny, since I think it was his longest running post-Cheers.

oh and I quit CSI long before he got on (my usual "I know it's a popular show, it'll be on DVD or streaming some day"). Though of course the usual music problem fears come to mind with CSI.. (and another tangent, CSI:Cyber isn't avail and I actually had the eps on my TiVo when I lost a bunch of stuff ~1.5 years ago.. I actually had started watching my recordings again at some point then lost a bunch).

·
Registered
26,352 Posts
My Tivos are almost always AT 100%.. at least that's what it says.. Currently my Roamio is at 100% but still has 22 suggestions, including some HD suggestions. So if it says 100% AND it only has a couple of suggestions, THEN I get really worried.

I think I've started fewer new shows this year (and for ones that I can, I record in SD 'as backup' and watch them on Hulu or wherever without commercials.. I still like having the TiVo recording since then I download the metadata file to keep as a 'I saw this episode'..)

·
Registered
26,352 Posts
And I think that's part of the issue. I turned off suggestions years ago. That's why my DVR is never full. I don't need an algorithm guessing what I should be watching.
yes, I am not watching any of the suggestions, I'm using them as a "let me get even closer to the real 100%" gauge.

(I *semi* seriously pay attention to the to do list on my tivos, so rarely is a lot of space taken by unexpected recordings. Though there's a bunch of "Mysteries of the Abandoned" episodes recording tomorrow and I have to see which ones I've actually seen and cancel those -- despite having 100% full Tivo, I DID end up finding a bunch of weird/interesting documentary series over long xmas break or other recent times.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts