TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I had a choice. I always choose going to bed unless it's New Year's Eve. Even the Oscars don't have to keep me up when I can record. So I haven't seen the second one.

Needs Kristen Bell. Otherwise, I like him and I like the daughter. To me Bobby Moynihan was better on "SNL" (depending on the role) but he might grow on me. I can't stand whoever Holly Hunter is supposed to be. And explaining why might violate the site's rules. Well, no, I can just say it. She's annoying, regardless of her views on ... whatever.

If "SNL" didn't already have Maya Rudolph, that adviser talks just like Kamala Harris.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I'll watch anything Ted does except "Becker". Terrible show. At least I thought he was.

I never found "CSI" interesting so that's the other exception. And I think he was on cable somewhere, and I'm too cheap for that.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. It was sadly a one season show, the only one of his shows that didn't run multiple seasons. Great ensemble cast.
I liked that one too.

I liked Liz and Jack, and sometimes Kenneth, and I tolerated Tracy because sometimes he was funny.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Was never a big Bobby Moynihan fan when he was SNL. But he is perfect in this role.
I liked him better there and I certainly liked him in "Me Myself & I". I keep hoping he'll seem less annoying here. I thought he might grow on me, but so far no.

I couldn't stand Holly Hunter's character but because of her talent I may be getting to the point where I can stand her.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I liked the protests by the spoiled celebrities. I assume these people aren't really like that and that it was just for the show. Andie MacDowell seems like a nicer person than she was on the episode.

On the other hand, Spade didn't do anything for me. Were he like his characters, I would have enjoyed that, I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I liked the music that was playing when the mayor was with Orly in the episode I watched last night (one left to watch). You'd think he'd have something more hip playing if he's trying to relate to his daughter in a way that embarrasses her.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Ted Danson is really the only thing worth seeing.

Although it was really funny when his daughter thought he was having a stroke and called on the girl who helped him with the fake social media account.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
It's like 30 Rock lite. I'm still in but barely. I kept hearing how P&R and The Office took a year until it got good, maybe that's the case here and I gave up on both quickly. Ted Danson and a little bit of "funny" is keeping me here.
Me too. I am, however, a sitcom guy. "30 Rock" at least had Tina and Alec Baldwin bickering and the insanity of Tracy and the goody-goody Kenneth. And I like that music, which has shown up here too.

I tried P&R when they did that special episode recently. Knope.,

I never saw any clip from "The Office" that appealed to me, but some of the actors have shown up elsewhere. Steve Carell has played some great roles in movies, like "Dinner with Schmucks" which I saw over the weekend where he was a white, less intelligent and older Urkel. Jenna Fischer was mentioned on "SNL" and I liked her in "Splitting Up Together" with Oliver Hudson.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Agree. It's hitting its stride now.

Ted Danson makes anything he's in 100X better. I should go back and watch Cheers some day.
You really should.

If you know Woody Harrelson from his tough guys in movies, you won't believe the naive country boy he was early in his career.

He replaced Ted's former coach as a bartender. "Coach" answered the phone and someone asked for Ernie Pantuso. He didn't know who that was until someone told him, "That's you, Coach!" The guy said, "Speaking".

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Also enjoyed 'Respect in the workplace', but they need to get rid of "Jayden" - I know he's a white male and therefor stupid, but the character is too over-the-top stupid.
I agree about Jayden. I hated the episode except for the mayor and the fact the leader of the class was good looking.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
It's okay since she's not real but I enjoyed seeing the mayor's assistant suffer. The poor girl couldn't sleep unless the assistant mayor bored her, and that was the perfect way to get some sleep.

I was impressed the mayor solved a mystery. He doesn't seem all that smart.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I only watched the pilot so far, but thought it was funny. I realized I think I've liked all of Danson's shows (to differing degrees).
I feel pretty much the same. "Becker" was the exception and I never had any reason to watch "CSI".
I also JUST realized who the assistant guy is -- he was the 'middle aged' guy in that show who had kid/middle age/old (played by John Laroquette). I kept meaning to look him up on imdb but just remembered.
I liked that show. It shouldn't have been cancelled so quickly.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I thought last night's episode was the best of the bunch so far, but Jayden is still annoying. They need to tone him down.
I really liked the scenes with The Mayor and the daughter. And Nicole. She's been on a lot of shows I've watched and I really liked her. But the relationship won't last, which is a shame.

The trivia competition? I was so happy to see the words "Season finale" referring to the next episode. Not because of The Mayor and the daughter, certainly. But I don't care to ever see the rest of them.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Nobody ever forced you to watch, yet you still are. Outside of that one character, I think we are starting to get a good read on all the other characters. Sometimes it takes time, and that's where we are with this show.
I have to get rid of the episodes because the Roamio is full. Anything I think I won't like goes to the Bolt because I might change my mind, except that's full too.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
But I also don't save a lot of shows. After I watch I delete.
That's how it is for me.

There's just more stuff on than I have time to watch and I've been trying to get rid of it. I never expected my Bolt to get full.

I was going to buy a new Bolt because it would have the software that lets me do things the way my Roamio does, but I need a TV to hook it up to. I don't like the TV I had to buy for the first Bolt.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts