TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
I definitely hate her character. But during this last episode I realized that's exactly what they're going for. She's the foil that creates the comedy. She's unintentionally hilarious (unintentional within the show, obviously it's intended as comedy from the writers).
I get all that but she's not entertaining to me at all. I cringe when she's on screen.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
I'm not saying that it has to be Holly Hunter, but you need a character like that. The other supporting people are not meant to be that. If you watched the first episode you realize that Holly's character wanted to be mayor and she was hired to basically shut her up. So she is going to be Ted's foil. Maybe she could be less annoying (or played by a different actress, I personally have no issues with Holly Hunter the actress), but I think her being annoying is why we hate her, and that's the point. Been plenty of characters on TV like that.
I don't hate her because she's annoying. I think it's Holly playing the character that grates for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts