TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those of you with MPEG4 Directv and Tivo... how do you do it?

What unit or receiver do you guys own? i want to upgrade up to Directv local channel HD, but I do not want to give up my tivo... what solutions are there?

I know that the H20 does not work with Tivo, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't have an mpeg4 *D receiver yet but....If you want to record those HD Locals in high definition, there is no current solution. You must wait for the mpeg4 compatible HD DVR coming from *D sometime this year. You could send the output of the H20 into a standalone Tivo and record in standard definition but better off waiting for the new HD DVR.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It seems that the MPEG 4 H20 HD non-recording receiver is a replacement for such HD non-recording receivers as the Hughes E86 and the forthcoming HR 20-250 MPEG 4 HD DVR is the replacement for the HD TiVo HR 10-250. What will be the replacement for MPEG 2 Dtivos such as the DVR 40 and HDVR2. I would not want to swap a dtivo with recording capability for a non-recording H20 even if it is HD and MPEG4. Is MPEG 4 all HD only?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.