TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info on any limitations of install of the new mpeg-4 dish? Only reason I ask is because I spoke to an installer (he's yet to actually see or install the new dish in our market) who is fearful (because of size) of installing the new dish on a roof? He said he thought it would be more stable as a ground mount?

I don't think it is because he is lazy...he installed my phase-III dish on the roof and even came back a few months later to realign...at no charge or complaint?

I know I ran across some photos of a recent install of the new dish...I thought they showed it on a roof?

·
Your Ad here
8,258 Posts
I know some people have been having it fastened directly to the top of the roof. My current dish is on the side of my house. I'm thinking when I got mpeg 4 I will probably have to move it to the ground.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My triple LNB dishes have been installed with an under-eve mount fastened to exposed rafters because the roof is tile and the walls are stucco. Looks and works good. Pictures I have seen of the new 5 LNb dish show the under eve mount has the base attached to the wall. Looks bad and may present a problem with stucco, Is there an under-eve kit for the new dish that doesn't mount the base on the wall ??

·
Banned
4,721 Posts
Do you think the dish is sooooooo big it will rip off the entire roof in a windstorm or come crashing down into the attic one day ?
:)

That's pretty funny.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks IOTP for the info and pics -- looks like a good solid mount. I can't go that way because I have gutters all around so have the current dish mounted on an exposed rafter under the eve with a curved tube. Since I have to contend with wife, Homeowners Association and installers; it is not pretty funny.
Will try to find out if there is an under-eve kit specifically for the new 5 lnb dish

·
Registered
332 Posts
andbye said:
Thanks IOTP for the info and pics -- looks like a good solid mount. I can't go that way because I have gutters all around so have the current dish mounted on an exposed rafter under the eve with a curved tube. Since I have to contend with wife, Homeowners Association and installers; it is not pretty funny.
Will try to find out if there is an under-eve kit specifically for the new 5 lnb dish
REMEMBER HOAs cannot FORBID you from having a DISH. If its the ONLY logical spot for you to receive a signal, and they don't like it, tough cookies. (Fax them the FCC ruling).

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts